CM Stacker, i love this thing

domoMKIV

[H]ard|Gawd
So this beast came in on Friday and retired my ATC-210.
Only thing I dont like about this case is the top 80mm fan, im going to have to mod that for a 120, no doubt.
Within the next month im going to start buying my A64 parts along with h2o parts and I was wondering if any other stacker owners have put their rads up front?
I was thinking of sticking a dual120 rad right in the front since i only use 3 bays (for dvdrom, fan controller, cm power/usb) and then I could mount the hdd cage on the bottom instead.
Anyway....if anyone has pics of a rad (of any kind) in the front of a stacker (or i guess anywhere else in their stacker) i would appreciate if you'd post them!

thanks

stacker.jpg

stacker2.jpg

stacker3.jpg

stacker5.jpg

stacker6.jpg

stacker7.jpg

well with that space comes mighty responsibilities to put something mighty in it.

I love those big ones.

:D

Am I the only one who see's a CM Stacker and wants to mod a floor fan into the side panel? :eek:

Skrying said:
Am I the only one who see's a CM Stacker and wants to mod a floor fan into the side panel? :eek:

he could have the output fan on the side he sits on, and then he will stay warm in the winter!

yeah, its a nice case I suppose. never liked those big round things on the side, but then, mod it!

definitely, but first id like to see the dual120 rad up front if anyone has it!

I currently run an Antec Sonata - primarily because of the steel construction lending itself well to keeping noise levels down (and what with other considerations such as rubber grommets for HDDs, quiet PSU etc). I'm looking to pick up a stacker as I'm accumulating HDDs

Please could you give me your impressions on the noise levels with your case? Would really appreciate input from an [H] member. As you've mentioned water cooling, I'm presuming that at least one of your criteria is minimizing noise pollution (and getting a good OC, of course ;) )

Cheers,

Jelly :)

EDIT: I know it's not what you've asked for, but been having a look around - most people seem to be fitting rads into the bottom of the case. A pic, in case (no pun) you are interested. Looks pretty..

http://forums.kustompcs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29779

I guess if you were looking at getting a double rad in there, you could do so without sacrificing potential drive space (if that bothers you).

I appreciate the input!

I would have to say that this case is VERY quiet, i have 3 120mm fans, 1 80mm fan and 1 60mm fan running in here right now and the only thing i can hear is the 60mm and its just barely audible - and in the pics you can see how close i sit to the tower.
I imagine it would be even quieter without the 80mm fan on the cpu and the 60mm on the card and even quieter if i got rid of the "giant bubble" side panel, or perhaps made a window out of it and sealed it up some.
haha and on top of that I plan on using some sound dampening material here and there on the inside....
the ONLY thing that i do not like about this case is the 80mm fan they chose to put on top...makes no sense as everything else about this case is BIG, but ill mod it and use one of the obscenely quiet case fans that came with it up there when i switch to h2o.

if you have any other questions, links, recommendations, comments, whatever....feel free to post em.

edit: thank you for the link!

domoMKIV said:
definitely, but first id like to see the dual120 rad up front if anyone has it!

Its a great case. I have a triple Black Ice Extreme up the front, shrouds and all, with 2 optical drives above it. It's a perfect fit, because the BIX only just squeezes under the CD drives, they hold it in place :D
The problem is, you have to pull the 120mm fan off the hard drive cage if you want to put it behind the rad, and you wont be able to use the supposed "quick insert" tabs that go on the side of it, unfortunately. You just have to get some screws to hold it in. I'll be happy to post some pics of the triple, if you were after them. I can't at the moment, I'm at work....."working".

banGerprawN said:
Its a great case. I have a triple Black Ice Extreme up the front, shrouds and all, with 2 optical drives above it. It's a perfect fit, because the BIX only just squeezes under the CD drives, they hold it in place :D
The problem is, you have to pull the 120mm fan off the hard drive cage if you want to put it behind the rad, and you wont be able to use the supposed "quick insert" tabs that go on the side of it, unfortunately. You just have to get some screws to hold it in. I'll be happy to post some pics of the triple, if you were after them. I can't at the moment, I'm at work....."working".

id appreciate that, thanks! :cool:
i was thinking of putting the cage on the floor of the case if i were to use up the front, i saw someone else on here did it but i dont remember who to find the pics for reference :eek:

domoMKIV said:
id appreciate that, thanks! :cool:
i was thinking of putting the cage on the floor of the case if i were to use up the front, i saw someone else on here did it but i dont remember who to find the pics for reference :eek:

I think I've seen the cage put in the second PSU bay at the back, using some sort of retention bracket they knocked up themselves. I'll post some pictures tonight once I get home tonight of the radiator setup I have. It's a little messy, but you should get the general idea ;)

domoMKIV said:
stacker.jpg

This Img looks right but the next two...
stacker2.jpg

stacker5.jpg

You case looks backwards to me.
My case is the mirror image to how yours is set up.

Looking at the front of mine.
The left side has the Clear Window
The Right side has the air intake holes for the Cross flow fan
Inside my stacker the PSU is at the top back
The MB is placed so the CPU is under the PSU

To work inside my stacker I take off the Left panel.

EDIT: Did you set your up for BTX MB?

His setup is the normal one except he's using the PSU at the bottom of the case and not at the top.

Skrying said:
His setup is the normal one except he's using the PSU at the bottom of the case and not at the top.

No hes not using it at the bottom.
Look again.
You can see the feet in Pic two I quoted.
Also in Pic 3 you can see the 80mm top exhaust fan by the PSU.
I think its set up for BTX MB but with the PSU at the top.

this is a bit disorienting... lol.. such a big case!

Did your come with wheels? I read some reviews that said it came with wheels, and some reviews that said it didn't.

SarverSystems said:
Did your come with wheels? I read some reviews that said it came with wheels, and some reviews that said it didn't.

It should come with the wheels.
TRUST ME IT NEEDS IT (if you plan to more it around)

My stacker must be about 80 lbs with all my drives and stuff inside.
Glad I don't move it often.

Man, just wish the stacker wasnt $188 after shipping at the egg.
I would love to redo my dual rad setup into a new case, but I cant bring myself to spend that much on a case.

If anyone knows where to get it on the cheap.. lmk

D.

debaucher said:
Man, just wish the stacker wasnt $188 after shipping at the egg.
I would love to redo my dual rad setup into a new case, but I cant bring myself to spend that much on a case.

D.

Well, I can get them cheap, but buy the time you pay shipping, I don't think you'll save much if anything. The suckers are heavy as hell and very large for sure.

Sir-Fragalot said:
Well, I can get them cheap, but buy the time you pay shipping, I don't think you'll save much if anything. The suckers are heavy as hell and very large for sure.

Bummer but I am sure you are right.
I am sure shipping from Texas to Colorado with that big of a case would run pretty high.

Too bad my youngest brother doesnt live in Texas anymore, that could have saved me a bit.
I really want to get one and mod my watercooling gear into it.

D.

SarverSystems said:
yup! came with wheels.

debaucher said:
D.
they bumped the price $10, i only paid $157 shipped.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006SDU4Y/103-0792820-6509429?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

txstangguy said:
nice, thanks for the pics!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
elite.mafia said:
this is a bit disorienting... lol.. such a big case!

But you never have to worry about air flow issues.
Or where to put your drives.
Plus the the case is large enough to place a tri fan rad with No Prob at all.

Majin said:
But you never have to worry about air flow issues.
Or where to put your drives.
Plus the the case is large enough to place a tri fan rad with No Prob at all.

exaaaaaactly, the ONLY thing that needs to be done is get rid of the 11CFM fans that come with it, those things are worthless. not to mention there are dust filters in each bay, on the side bubble and on the top.
nice and clean inside the PC :cool:

That is really pricy though. Lol if I had a stacker, there would be no empty drive bays. I'd have soooo many mods on that thing :p.. Lcd, fan controllers, temp monitors, worthless thinks like volume meters, cupholders (http://www.xoxide.com/xray1.html), and some other worthless thermaltake shit, seen here: http://www.xoxide.com/cogast.html
If you have all those bays, might as well use them! :eek:

Dual? Just a dual? Go triple man! You got the room!

But hey, why watercool if you're gonna have so many fans? Might as well just strap a 120mm fan to the heatsink instread.

SarverSystems said:
Dual? Just a dual? Go triple man! You got the room!

But hey, why watercool if you're gonna have so many fans? Might as well just strap a 120mm fan to the heatsink instread.

air cooling is no fun. ;)

Hmm...with Venice, I just can't see why to invest in WC yet. Plus I'd have to take out some of the drives I've got in here. Any reason to go with it besides looks? Chipset fan on the DFI Ultra-D is just fine + silent, all the fans are nice quiet Panaflos with the exception of the front ones (might swap those for ones that are a bit quieter sometime, although I suspect a lot of the little sound they make is just air over the filters) and the 7800GTX's stock cooling is reportedly very effective and very quiet. If I had a Prescott or something, sure, but an XP-90 keeps this thing at 26-40C. Water looks cool and all but AFAIK it takes subzero temps to make a difference with Rev. E A64s.

I think I'd have enough room left over on the bottom of the case for a dual 120mm radiator... it looks like there is room for a dual 120mm radiator back their.... I think... unless those are holes for 80mm fans.

In the back? It's an extra power supply mounting space, but the bracket will let you mount 2x80mm instead.

The thing on the bottom bottom is just a wire grill thing, suppose you could take it off without too much trouble. Don't think it's got anything mountable though.

hmm extra power supply... I wonder if it would be possible to mount 2 motherboards in that thing.. probably need a crapload of modding though. (think: mobo tray mounted on opposite panel of the original mobo, mounted backwards (pci/agp/pci-e pointed towards front)
lolz. just a thought.

Maybe, but you'd have trouble getting at them, and you'd have to worry about the clearance with the cards & the heatsink.

elite.mafia said:
That is really pricy though. Lol if I had a stacker, there would be no empty drive bays. I'd have soooo many mods on that thing :p.. Lcd, fan controllers, temp monitors, worthless thinks like volume meters, cupholders (http://www.xoxide.com/xray1.html), and some other worthless thermaltake shit, seen here: http://www.xoxide.com/cogast.html
If you have all those bays, might as well use them! :eek:

I have thought about throwing in all kinds of gauges and controllers, I came to the conclusion that all that junk gives it the rice look, and that doing so, will also make the damn thing heavier than it is. Believe me my setup is heavy enough.

domoMKIV said:
the ONLY thing that i do not like about this case is the 80mm fan they chose to put on top...makes no sense as everything else about this case is BIG, but ill mod it and use one of the obscenely quiet case fans that came with it up there when i switch to h2o.

if you have any other questions, links, recommendations, comments, whatever....feel free to post em.
You can try a 120 in the top, but with that much venting in it already, I was thinking of this

Res

Hey, if your putting a triple rad in the front, It'll save ya another bay! But you can get either the 80mm or 120mm adapter for it, so it should be cool either way.

Back