CM stacker 830 and noise

mm00659

n00b
I'm putting together a system with this case, a thermal take 750w ps, a p5w dh deluse, etc. I am planning on using 7 fans (1 front, one rear, 1 top, 4 side). If you have a similar setup let me know how you like it and if it's noisy with so many fans. Thanks.

A thermaltake PSU is probably going to be pretty loud.

It'd help if you mentioned what type of fans you're using, because that will make a huge difference.

Anything with 7 fans case fans is going to be loud, even if they're quiet fans though.

I have this case, 7 fans makes it sound like your inside a furnace (yes it's loud).

Here are the fans:

TLF-S12-EB-19
Fan Dimension 120x120x25 mm
LED number 4
Voltage (Volt) 12 VDC
Current (Ampere) 0.15 A±10%
Input Power (Watt) 1.80 W±10%
Speed (R.P.M.) 1220 R.P.M.±10%
Air Flow (CFM) 42.734 CFM
Air Pressure (mmH2O) 1.557 mmH2O
Noise (dB-A) 22 dB-A
Weight 137g
Life (hour) 30,000 hours
Bearing Type Sleeve
Speed Senser Yes

i have this case its not that loud, then again im only using 5 fans... ;)

28102006121.jpg

28102006114.jpg

I have this case, but have not built my system yet.. wating for DX10 parts and a nice Core2DUO.

Anyway, your fans might be ok, but I think you would be better off going for some of the usual suspects for quiet fans. I can guarantee you will still hear them, but they shouldn't be annoyingly loud.

Look here for a very good list of fans. My advice would be to pick 3 or 4 and buy one of each. Test them and see what you find works best.

I have this case with 5 CoolerMaster LED quiet fans and it's not too bad. Actually, it's totally fine, the only problem is the annoyingly loud fan on my XFX 7900gt. After that, the noise of my 6 hard drives can be a bit loud when writing/seeking. But the case fans are fine.

can you guys share the pics of the inside of you cm stacker 830? I want to see how you guys do your cable management on it this case...

I don't have any pics to share, but then I don't do cable mgmt very well either (at all). It's pretty roomy though so if thats what your after it should be easy to do.

I'm not sold on the look of this case yet, but it looks nice functional wise. I don't have the case, but taming 7 120mm fans is not going to be an easy task. My roommate has a p180 which is supposed to be a silent case, and it only has 5 fans and you can still hear them.

mm00659 said:
I'm putting together a system with this case, a thermal take 750w ps, a p5w dh deluse, etc. I am planning on using 7 fans (1 front, one rear, 1 top, 4 side). If you have a similar setup let me know how you like it and if it's noisy with so many fans. Thanks.

I have the Coolermaster 830 stacker case and 7 fans but no m/b cpu or graphics card yet but I did start up my 7 fans on my desk and they were very quiet which i was surprised. they are the Coolermaster 120 Led silent fans? Hope that helps

I finally put my system together. I have the sides off now. But I have a front fan, rear fan, top fan, GPU fan, CPU fan, PS fan, 3 hard drives, and with the sides open I can't believe how quiet this thing is. That's 5 fans altogether. I will add the side in a couple of days which has 4 more fans. But so far I am very pleasantly surptised. Oh, and I do like the extra roominess of this case.

Ok, I just added the 4 fans on the left side and closed it up closed it up. The mobo is running 12 degrees C cooler cause the 4 fans are now blowing down on it. And to my COMPLETE SURPRISE, this thing is very quiet compared to my old pc. There are 10 fans in this thing if you count the PS, GPU, CPU and it's very quiet.

Back