CM Hyper D92 enough for 6600k?

This isn't really a Overclocking and cooling question, so much as just a general cooling question.

I recently picked up a 6600k build for a decent price, and it came with a CM Hyper D92 cooler. My question here is this: according to CM the max TDP for the HD92 is 95W; intel rates the 6600k at 91W TDP. I don't really plan on OC'ing this machine, as I was going to use it as a dedicated Twitch streaming PC. But I definitely don't want to really run into any cooling issues, either. OK to run, or should I run to the loving arms of the old faithful Hyper 212 Evo(and maybe a mild overclock for shits and gigs)?

I dunno if I'd try OCing on it, but by the looks it shouldn't perform much worse than a 212 Evo, albeit it will probably be a bit noisier with the smaller fans.

From what I have looked up it's slightly worse than the Noctua NH-u12s, which is one I have tested, you can see the charts here

If you're not OCing, I'd say you should be okay

Sounds good. I'm not worried about the noise, I have had louder fans and accessories. I just wanted to make absolutely sure I wasn't going to run into heat induced drama from my CPU for not having enough cooler(although, now that I think about it, I don't see how it could be worse than the stock intel unit, even though it wouldn't be the first time for something like that...).

I can't find any TDP spec for D92 or 212 on Cooler Master website. Could you please give me a link?
With both having similar size finpacks and same number of heatpipes I would expect both to have similar cooling.
D92 finpack is about 101x47x123mm with 2x 92mm fans and has 4x 'U' shaped direct contact heatpipes
212 finpack is about 112x51x120mm with 1x 120mm fan and has 4x 'U' shaped dirct contact heatpipes

Thanks!
Seems Cooler Master TDPs' are on the conservative side. All other 4x 6mm heatpipe coolers I've seens TDP ratings for are 120-160TDP with 92mm fan models having the lower ratings. My testing has found the 92mm 4-pipe models to be slightly lower ability, but more so louder when cooling as well as their 120mm cousins.

Back