• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CM 590 and External Radiators

Rucker61

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 14, 2009
Messages
264
Can a lucky CM 590 owner measure the distance between the lower screw mounting holes for the rear exhaust fan and the bottom of the case? I'm wondering if it would be possible to mount a triple rad on a rad box off the back.
 
Thanks. How are you guys liking the case?

Update: looks like every 360 rad is long enough to just touch or miss the floor mounted on a rad box on the back of the 590 except for the Black Ice rads.
 
i went top mount with mine.
gonna make it internal topmount 320 soon
 
Thanks. How are you guys liking the case?

Update: looks like every 360 rad is long enough to just touch or miss the floor mounted on a rad box on the back of the 590 except for the Black Ice rads.

Case works just fine for me, painted it black inside, hacked out all the fan grills and a few other things, for the price it has done quite well. Also, from the floor I have about another .30 or 8mm from the fan mount, you could also just get taller feet or casters to give you the room you need.
 
Thanks. How are you guys liking the case?
I like it a lot. Easy to work in, great layout, and fantastic cooling. There are a few areas that are a little cheap which bothers me a bit, but overall, it was well worth what I paid for it.
 
If going external. I think a 280 will fit perfectly on the top- at least measuring with an old ruler.
 
If going external. I think a 280 will fit perfectly on the top- at least measuring with an old ruler.

I was looking at using that exact setup today. A 280 up top would still allow the case to fit in my recording desk space, and it's got 31% more surface area than a 240. A pair of Scythe Maru 1900 RPM fans and Bob's your uncle. I still don't have a plan to balance the intake/exhaust ratio, but I'm working on it.
 
Follow-up to the current theme: can you measure and get an exact spacing for the 140 fan holes on the CM- 590?

Thanks a bunch.
 
Just to add into here, great case to work in. If you felt like it you could even fit a triple up front and a double up top internally and you'd still have enough room for a single 3.5'' drive.
 
I was looking at using that exact setup today. A 280 up top would still allow the case to fit in my recording desk space, and it's got 31% more surface area than a 240. A pair of Scythe Maru 1900 RPM fans and Bob's your uncle. I still don't have a plan to balance the intake/exhaust ratio, but I'm working on it.

That's the fans I use in mine. I have 2 in the front, 2 up top. You could ALMOST fit another 280 in the front- the rad is about 3-5mm too wide.
 
That's the fans I use in mine. I have 2 in the front, 2 up top. You could ALMOST fit another 280 in the front- the rad is about 3-5mm too wide.

That was a primary complaint of the German review - that it was just too wide for a HDD cage by the slimmest of margins. I wonder if a D5 var. or a DDC with an upgraded top will push water through two of these rads and four water blocks efficiently enough. According to the review (whose link is too damn long to link here) it has about the same flow resistance as an MCR320 and just under the XSPC triple.
 
According to the review (whose link is too damn long to link here)
Just set a shorter piece of text to link to its URL using the (url=URL HERE)LINK TEXT(/url) tags (replace the brackets with square brackets: [ ] ).
 
Back
Top