Cloudy water in my WC setup?

Hi all

I've had my water-cooled setup going for about 2months now. I started with some medical-grade water (demineralized/deionized/etc) in my loop along with some anti-algae solution. Over the past few weeks I have noticed my water getting more and more cloudy. It has a whitish, cloudy look to it -- almost like there are *tiny* air bubbles in the loop. But I'm pretty sure they are not air bubbles because they don't go away even when the machine has been off for a few days. The timy air bubbles I originally had in my loop went away when I ran the thing for a couple days.

Is this cloudiness indicative of algae or corrosion? I doubt algae -- isn't that stuff green? (duh) :p

Of course, I'm going to drain the loop, but do I need to do anything else? If it is corrosion, then do I need to take apart my block and clean it? Is my rad hosed?

Thanks in advance for the input.

what kind of tubing? most gets like that after a bit of usage. completly harmless.

The tubing says Tygon R-3603 on it -- 1/2" ID We use it for medical pumps and stuff, so I guess it's pretty good?

PrkChpXprss said:
The tubing says Tygon R-3603 on it -- 1/2" ID We use it for medical pumps and stuff, so I guess it's pretty good?

yeh thats medical grade so you could drink from it and stuff :D

Yep no problemo, my rig has been running for over half a year on cloudy tubing.

it's just something tubing does after a while.

Back