Cloud sync software for bussiness

levak

Limp Gawd
Hello!

I have been asked to setup a central NAS at a small company to host their files (mostly word, excel, some pictures and PDFs). They will mainly work inside the office, but there are some laptops that get carried around when people want to work on the way as well...

There is also a wish files would be accessible over internet (I guess in cases, someone needs a spreadsheet and doesn't have his laptop with him).

First I thought of a FreeNAS/VPN solution, but it might be costly and slow (CIFS over VPN is painfully slow). I have to buy hardware + set up software and I guess I will have to do some maintenance every now and then as well.

As I would like to give them the best solution and with the least maintenance needed (at least from my side), I was thinking of using a cloud based sync software, something like Dropbox or OneDrive. File versioning support and some form of backup in case of accidental delete would be nice to have.

Anyone using such thing in production/enterprise?
Which providers/solutions?
Do you find them usefull?
Do you use single user package or enterprise package with multiple users?
In case I would go with FreeNAS, is there any web-access available?
Anyone using OwnCloud?

Matej

For reference, how many users? May limit where the cut off is between enterprise and personal applications.

Back