• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

cloud backup service for solaris?

Joined
Oct 19, 2012
Messages
3
https://support.code42.com/Product_Lifecycle_Policy/Solaris_Platform_Retirement

looks like crashplan is EOL'ing solaris support. Altdrive has a solaris client only for their business accounts in which they charge by the gig...

Are there any alternatives that run on solaris?

I run a home solaris server with a 24tb raw zfs raidz2 array. I basically back up all of my household's files to it, plus media and stuff... I currently use crashplan to backup all of my documents and user's home folder (not the media dataset because i can always grab it from a torrent again). Anyways, right now i have about about 500 GB on crashplan and since it's going away i'm looking for alternatives.
 
I'm not too familiar with cloud services as I've got too much data and not enough bandwidth, I read that they usually don't allow to backup network shares, however what if you use iSCSI ?
 
I'm not too familiar with cloud services as I've got too much data and not enough bandwidth, I read that they usually don't allow to backup network shares, however what if you use iSCSI ?

Crashplan can backup shares. you just have to create a batch files and create a scheduled task to mount upon login and run it as SYSTEM user

http://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/Latest/Backup/Backing_Up_A_Windows_Network_Drive

I backup all my PC to a server 08 box running crashplan and this stores crashplan backup on my NAS device. NAS is running a ominOS that doesn't have a GUI.
 
Back
Top