CLOSED [W] Jonsbo n1 / n2 or similar case. 4-8tb HDDs *Purchased one*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricyclthief

Limp Gawd
Looking for an itx case with preferably 4-5 drive slots shipped to 83201. Also looking for 4 tb or 8 tb drives. Would like to buy a case first and then drives, so i know how many i can fit. Bundling would be a bonus! Let me know what you have and how much you're looking for. Looking to buy asap

I have 4 x 4tb Enterprise class hard drives, in my fs thread currently. Pulled from my NAS.

I have a Jonsbo N1 that I am looking to get rid of.

PM sent

Last edited:
Running the N1 for my NAS/Server and it's an amazing little case. Def hard to find but well worth it if you want that form factor.

edit: if you plan on filling all of the HDD slots, I would suggest removing the front trim piece and leave it all mesh

Running the N1 for my NAS/Server and it's an amazing little case. Def hard to find but well worth it if you want that form factor.

edit: if you plan on filling all of the HDD slots, I would suggest removing the front trim piece and leave it all mesh
Yeah I'm really wanting an N2 for little better air flow and hot swap but if I can't find one I'll go N1 route. Seems a lot more people are selling those than N2 haha

Yeah I'm really wanting an N2 for little better air flow and hot swap but if I can't find one I'll go N1 route. Seems a lot more people are selling those than N2 haha
When I built my server, maybe 6-7 months ago, the N2s were still pretty easy to find but starting to sell out at retailers. The N1's had been discontinued and so were very difficult to get a hold of outside of China/Aliexpress with shipping that was 2-3X time cost of the case (no thanks). I suspect you'll have the same problems, so if you happen to find a good deal, jump on it lol

good luck with the build!

When I built my server, maybe 6-7 months ago, the N2s were still pretty easy to find but starting to sell out at retailers. The N1's had been discontinued and so were very difficult to get a hold of outside of China/Aliexpress with shipping that was 2-3X time cost of the case (no thanks). I suspect you'll have the same problems, so if you happen to find a good deal, jump on it lol

good luck with the build!
Wonder if Jonsbo has some old stock or something they selling, they have both cases on Amazon under $150 shipped. Just trying to find used pricing if I can 😁

If you need a low drive count, for how much those cases are going for I'd look at a 2U for $60 shipped instead: https://www.newegg.com/black-istarusa-d-213-matx-dt/p/N82E16811165227

You can fit four 3.5" drives in it. It also fits mATX motherboards and ATX power supplies which are way cheaper than ITX motherboards, SFX PSU, and offer more flexibility with PCIe expansion. Need more drives later? Add an LSI external HBA to a JBOD of any sort. It might not all be as trendy as these new NAS cases, but is cheaper, offers more flexibility, and can be reused for varying purposes.

If you need a low drive count, for how much those cases are going for I'd look at a 2U for $60 shipped instead: https://www.newegg.com/black-istarusa-d-213-matx-dt/p/N82E16811165227

You can fit four 3.5" drives in it. It also fits mATX motherboards and ATX power supplies which are way cheaper than ITX motherboards, SFX PSU, and offer more flexibility with PCIe expansion. Need more drives later? Add an LSI external HBA to a JBOD of any sort. It might not all be as trendy as these new NAS cases, but is cheaper, offers more flexibility, and can be reused for varying purposes.
Thanks for the suggestion, looks like it's out of stock but also little too big. Have a little narrow space to put it so depth and width are a big factor. Needing something squarish like N2 or narrow and tall like N1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back