• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Closed headphones

If you don't mind a used pair, look for some Audio Technica A700s. I paid $80 for mine and love them, I don't anticipate ever needing to upgrade (though maybe replace).

If you're only looking for new pairs, either the JVC HAR-X700 for $35 or the HAR-X900 for $55. There are a few differences between them and you can mod both to improve them. I just got a pair of the X700s today to keep at school, but I still need to burn them in and do a few mods before I can fairly compare them to the A700s.

Here are two long threads about the JVCs:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1353088
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jvc-har-x700-900-two-best-dynamics-am-i-nuts-375575/
 
sennheiser 555s were $96 new on amazon yesterday... i waited till today and they are up to $107 :(
 
Go out and listen in person, everybody has different tastes of what sounds good and what does not.

Be sure to give Grado models a listen when shopping.
 
Denon AH-D1001/AH-D1000

AH-D1000 is the old model, they are apparently otherwise identical. The silver ones are apparently still around and can be had for ~$100. The newer AH-D1001 in black will run you $115.
 
Denon AH-D1001/AH-D1000

AH-D1000 is the old model, they are apparently otherwise identical. The silver ones are apparently still around and can be had for ~$100. The newer AH-D1001 in black will run you $115.

The D1001 has an extension cord and a pouch to carry it in. Everything else is identical with the D1000. The colors don't have anything to do with model number. I'm pretty sure there were D1000's in black.
 
The D1001 has an extension cord and a pouch to carry it in. Everything else is identical with the D1000. The colors don't have anything to do with model number. I'm pretty sure there were D1000's in black.

Yeah, S or K suffix on the model. But as far as I can tell the black ones are rare and about the same price as D1001, while the silver ones can be had for OP's budget.

Didn't know about the carry case. Not worth the $25, but it looks like the D1000 is disappearing.
 
Back
Top