• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Closed Cans and mics?

DarkfallFan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
195
After acouple days of researching I think the Beyerdynamic DT770 sound like a good choice for me since I want really good directional audio. I still have lots of research to do to see if it'll be worth buying an amp or just going with the AT900s.

I was wondering though. When you use closed cans and talk into a mic for online gaming, is it hard? As in, are you pretty much screaming into the mic? I've never had headphones for gaming before, and never really used mics to talk when gaming before.
 
I have the A500s and use a mic for online gaming. I talked a bit louder at first, but I'm getting used to it and talk at about the same level as I did while using speakers.
 
Just position the mic somewhat near you and your fine; and if it doesnt have a foamy thing over the end you can't point box fans or the like directy at the mic and expect people to hear you correctly.

Also an amp is pretty important for that can. I have a cmoy and a govibe v4 and both sound very different, and better, than directly out of my XFI on my dt770's.

I've heard a pav2v2 is sufficient for an 80ohm dt770pro; but i'd probably start looking a step or two up from that to be sure.

Have fun:)
 
Worminater said:
Just position the mic somewhat near you and your fine; and if it doesnt have a foamy thing over the end you can't point box fans or the like directy at the mic and expect people to hear you correctly.

Also an amp is pretty important for that can. I have a cmoy and a govibe v4 and both sound very different, and better, than directly out of my XFI on my dt770's.

I've heard a pav2v2 is sufficient for an 80ohm dt770pro; but i'd probably start looking a step or two up from that to be sure.

Have fun:)


yes, a PA2v2 is more than enough to drive 80Ohm cans. the PA2v2 is a great little amp and tends to add bass. if you want a more natural sound a little dot micro+ costs about the same and has a more natural sound
 
You can always unmute your microphone input so you can hear what you're saying. I find it hard to talk sometimes wearing my A900's.
 
Back
Top