• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Cloning Primary Drive

Joined
Dec 31, 2010
Messages
14
I currently have a 150g WD Raptor drive that I use as my primary (along with 6T in a Raid 5) my 150g primary is not enough space and I am running out of room. Is there a way to clone the drive with a larger one?
 
Assuming Windows and NTFS, sure, many tools can do this.

Usually you need to boot in to the tool, I prefer just any old ubuntu disk that has gparted on it. Clone the partition to the new HDD then resize the NTFS partition.

Tools such as those from Acronis or Norton Ghost work as well...

Alternative course of action, use an SSD for the OS and move less used programs/games to the storage raid.
 
WD drive owners have free access to a version of Acronis which may be of some use to you (Google it).
 
Macrium reflect can clone a windows drive while you are actually still running in windows.
 
Back
Top