Cloning Monitor (16:10) and TV (16:9) Issue

deadman_uk

[H]ard|Gawd
My TV is larger than my monitor but has a lower resolution. The 37" TV's native resolution is 1920x1080 (16:9) and my 24" monitor's native is 1920x1200 (16:10). I want to clone my desktop to my TV so I see the same screen on both, however, when I do this, my monitor goes to 1920x1080 resulting in soft text and a slightly stretched image. I understand I can use the extend feature but this doesn't suit my requirements as I am often losing the mouse cursor when I am approaching the edges of the monitor. Another option would be the replace which disables the current screen and transfers it over to the other which would be ok as a last restort but I'd prefer a clone.

I would like to keep my monitor at 1920x1200 while having the TV display at 1920x1080. It doesn't bother me if the top and bottom of the TV is cropped a bit. Is it possible to do this? If so, how? I run Windows 7 x64.and have an AMD card.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Off hand I don't know of anyway to do this. There maybe some third party programs out there that offer a solution. I also haven't tried to clone displays in a long time.

So basically what you want to do is feed your HDTV a 1920x1200 signal and have it crop out the pixels it can't display?

Back