Cloning from HDD Partition to new SSD having issues

Shakezilla

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so I recently got an Intel 330 240gb SDD.

I have a 1tb drive with a 40GB partition for windows. (Which is a bit to small in retrospect.)

So I used Macrium to clone the 40GB Windows Install partition to the SSD. But now the SSD has a 40gb partition. I do not want the SSD to be partitioned.

I feel like if I am going to keep bumbling around and digging myself into a deeper hole. So can anyone toss me a rope?

I just want to have Windows cloned onto my SSD.

If the SSD isn't partitioned you cant really use it. Are you wanting to clone your windows install and use the entire SSD (240GB)?

If you are able to boot off of the SSD you can go into windows and expand the partition to make it the size of the drive.

If the SSD isn't partitioned you cant really use it. Are you wanting to clone your windows install and use the entire SSD (240GB)?

Yes.

If you are able to boot off of the SSD you can go into windows and expand the partition to make it the size of the drive.

How do I know if I am booting off the SSD, and whats steps would I need to expand the partition.

Thanks

You could start by unplugging the hard drive, that way there is no doubt if it boots.

If it works, I would then run AS SSD and see if the partition on the SSD is aligned.

You could start by unplugging the hard drive, that way there is no doubt if it boots.

If it works, I would then run AS SSD and see if the partition on the SSD is aligned.

This. Just pull your current boot drive and leave the SSD hooked up. Computer will do the rest unless you messed around with the boot order in bios.

Does it boot when you do the above?

EDIT: OK I got it. Expanded my SSD partition to the whole SSD and I think I am good to go. Thanks everyone.

Back