• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cloning and VeraCrypt...can True Image do that?

SomeGuy133

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Messages
3,447
So I have a Extreme Pro currently encrypted and I was wondering if I could clone it with the encryption to my 950 PRO or would I have to load an unencrypted back up and then re-encrypt?

I have spare computers where I can out the drives as non primary OS drives.
 
The last time I tried something like that, I just wound up using xcopy, is much simpler, no need to worry about partition sizes, and so forth.
 
The last time I tried something like that, I just wound up using xcopy, is much simpler, no need to worry about partition sizes, and so forth.

true image doesn't care about that. The issue is encryption and the drive not exactly showing up as being formatted. -_-

I might just go buy my hardware HDD cloner that i have always wanted
 
It should work with 1:1 sector copy.

ah you are right true image supports 1 to 1 now on a drive that is not formatted or at least appears that way!

It pops up an error message that says something like "partitions have errors want to use 1:1 copy?". Last time i tried this with 2014 it didn't work but it works now on 2016. I see now how to do it. Now to see if it works lol.

I really loathe the look and layout of True image 2016. its really unintuitive. I hate this Win8/10 layout.
 
true image doesn't care about that. The issue is encryption and the drive not exactly showing up as being formatted. -_-

I might just go buy my hardware HDD cloner that i have always wanted

Don't understand the issue. if you have mounted two encrypted drives why can't you xcopy the contents?
 
Don't understand the issue. if you have mounted two encrypted drives why can't you xcopy the contents?

i wanted to copy the encrypted drive as is. not unlock copy to unlocked already encrtpyted drive and now have to decrypt-read-reencrypt-write...god that's asking for bit flips
 
Back
Top