Clonezilla server help

swanysto

Limp Gawd
I installed clonezilla on my ubuntu server and so far it is working great......for all my wired computers. I can clone the workstations and have my backups. However, we have some desktops that are in new offices that are working off wireless adapters. Clonezilla does not support wireless from what I have read. Do I have any options for these computers? I am running a linux server, so windows home server is not really an option even though it does support backups over wireless.

Thanks in advance. I am fairly newb at linux, but I am good at following tutorials :)

Here is my setup if needed:

ubuntu 10.04 with clonezilla server
4 wired workstations (win 7)
3 wireless stations (2 win7)(1 winxp)

linksys wireless-g router.

Pick up three wireless ethernet bridges. Configure them to connect to the wireless network. Then plug the ethernet cable from the bridge into the onboard network card on each computer. Problem solved.

interesting way of looking at it. ill try that if I can scrounge up the money. Thanks.

Clonezilla also supports backing up to a USB hard drive. If that's an option for you.

Backup to an SMB Share. Thats what we usually do when the machine is old enough to not have network book options.

apt-get install samba

then create a basic share.

Clonezilla also supports backing up to a USB hard drive. If that's an option for you.

It's an option, but I would have to go out and buy 3 hard drives, or go around after work everyday and wait for each computer to back up to one.

Back