CloneCD free alternative?

Matrox462

Gawd
I downloaded the new CloneCD and liked how it created CD images, but unfortunately I didn't like how it had some built in virtual drive system (I already use Daemon Tools), and plus I don't want to pay for something I'm only going to use occasionally.

Does anyone know of a good free CD Cloning tool? I mainly want to create CD images so I can mount them with Daemon Tools. I liked how CloneCD was setup to handle protected game CD's, and would need something that could do that too.

Oh, and while I'm posting this, does anyone know of a good utility to use a CD-RW/DVD-RW as a floppy? You know... just drag and drop files. Or does Windows XP do this built in? The normal program that I used started to crash consistently, so that's why I don't know if Windows has this built in.

Thank you in advanced for any help!

So far as I know if you want software that will back up games (CloneCD, BlindWrite, Alcohol 120%) you are going to have to pay unless you go the illegal route.

Windows Xp (on its own) will support drag and drop burning of cd-rw's but not dvd-rw's

there are a few apps out there that do support this, however

michealo said:
Windows Xp (on its own) will support drag and drop burning of cd-rw's but not dvd-rw's

there are a few apps out there that do support this, however

That sucks... I could recall doing it with CD-RW's, but when I use DVD-RW's it does some kind of temporary folder then later burns to the disc.

Do you recommend any free programs to do this?

Back