Clocking my new 2500K

citizen__erased

Limp Gawd
Just been putting my new 2500K build through its paces and currently have it sat at 4.5GHz without really trying too hard :) The vcore is set to 1.32v and the temps hit about 68c under prime torture testing. Does this sound ok? Any tips?

I just got my Gene-Z / 2500k setup and used the auto overclocking feature with AiSuite, I got 4.4Ghz, Vcore 1.296, temps have never got over 26c but I have also not ran Prime...Got a link?

Just been putting my new 2500K build through its paces and currently have it sat at 4.5GHz without really trying too hard :) The vcore is set to 1.32v and the temps hit about 68c under prime torture testing. Does this sound ok? Any tips?

Sounds pretty good. Try IntelBurnTest or Linx as well for stability testing - quicker than Prime95.

Well it wasnt quite stable so ive backed it down to 4.4ghz now. Also disabled speedstep and turbo. Seems stable now :)

According to the ASUS overclocking guide (I think I read they tested 100 CPUs from the K series), 4.4GHz to 4.7GHz will generally require voltage of 1.3 to 1.375 with LLC set to high or ultra high. So 1.32 seems is decent. Your temperature seems to be in the ok range, perhaps a bit on the high side from what I've read, but nothing to worry about.

Done a bit more fiddling about to try and reduce the temps a bit. 4.3Ghz at 1.28v seems to be the sweet spot. Temps are now mid sixties when priming. Also enabled turbo mode again so that the CPU drops down to 1.6Ghz when idle.

Back