Hello. I've recently "completed" building my new computer, which I'm very happy about. I'm trying to get everything right, while learning how to overclock, and I've run into a possible issue. I have a Q6600, that should be at stock speed.
In bios, I have checked a couple times and made sure tha FSB was at 1066 still, and that the Moltiplier was at 9. Bios shows everything as being fine. However, I load up everything, and open CPU-Z that I downloaded, and it says that I'm at 266*6, not 266*9 like the bios is saying. I'm not sure what to do about this.
I have messed with settings a little. I currently have my ram (corsair dominator 2x2 8500) clocked at 1066 from 800, and set to 5-5-5-15. One change with it in bios I made that may have to do with this is changing Memory SLI from disabled to "CPUOC 0%". I dont know what this does but it didnt show that it would chang ethe moltiplier.
I've got an EVGA 680i sli (122 nf68) mobo, antec 900 case, arctic cooler 7 pro cpu hsf, corsair 650tx psu, evga 8600gt 512gddr2 gfx, if that helps
I would like to overclock to maybe 3.2ghz at some point, but for now my main priority is getting it all to work smoothly. I'm considering reseting the bios.
(another problem that showed up that is less important but I'll include is that I cant open in the control panel the "Windows Experience Index". While I dont care that much about it, I dont like that it will not open. If anyone knows anything about this, that'd be great)
In bios, I have checked a couple times and made sure tha FSB was at 1066 still, and that the Moltiplier was at 9. Bios shows everything as being fine. However, I load up everything, and open CPU-Z that I downloaded, and it says that I'm at 266*6, not 266*9 like the bios is saying. I'm not sure what to do about this.
I have messed with settings a little. I currently have my ram (corsair dominator 2x2 8500) clocked at 1066 from 800, and set to 5-5-5-15. One change with it in bios I made that may have to do with this is changing Memory SLI from disabled to "CPUOC 0%". I dont know what this does but it didnt show that it would chang ethe moltiplier.
I've got an EVGA 680i sli (122 nf68) mobo, antec 900 case, arctic cooler 7 pro cpu hsf, corsair 650tx psu, evga 8600gt 512gddr2 gfx, if that helps
I would like to overclock to maybe 3.2ghz at some point, but for now my main priority is getting it all to work smoothly. I'm considering reseting the bios.
(another problem that showed up that is less important but I'll include is that I cant open in the control panel the "Windows Experience Index". While I dont care that much about it, I dont like that it will not open. If anyone knows anything about this, that'd be great)