• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Clock limits, ATi Tool and x1950 XTX?

djBon2112

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 29, 2006
Messages
5,279
It seems that ATiTool won't excede 681/1098 regardless of what I do. Any ideas why, or how to rectify this problem?

EDIT: One (or a few) other question(s)...

It's about the 2D/3D clocks.

1. What is the difference gaming wise between them, assuming I'm using ATiTool and 3d detection to change my clocks (i.e. is it a physical part of the card, or just 2 different clock values).
2. Would disabling the ATI Hotkey poler (the thing that controls 2d/3d mode) make any difference?
 
You could be limited by heat, timings, general part tolerances etc etc. If you can go past that you can go past it.


1. What is the difference gaming wise between them, assuming I'm using ATiTool and 3d detection to change my clocks (i.e. is it a physical part of the card, or just 2 different clock values).

I think that there is some sort of physical part to this. I had an Asus EAX1900 that would not switch into 3D mode. Ever. Even on a new XP install. There was another guy here who had the exact same problem. I just got my new 1900 in to after RMAing my last one.

2. Would disabling the ATI Hotkey poler (the thing that controls 2d/3d mode) make any difference?

To the best of my knowledge this is the service that does the detecting. When I start ATITool it asks me to disable that service and then it applies whatever clock I set in 2D and 3D.
 
It's not that it crashes, it just stoppes at those clocks. Won't let me go .25 MHz above them. And the card's still completely stable, except right AT the limit, but it crashes ATiTool, not the computer.

As to the other ones, so if I'm using ATiTool to change my clocks, I don't need the 2D/3D mode controller service? Does it matter?
 
Not sure but when I start ATI Tool is alerts me to this and makes me choose to stop the service. If I don't, all I can really do it see my fps in the liitle window thing there.
 
Well, I found the problem is a conflict between the drivers/services and ATiTool. Anyone else have this problem, and maybe a way to fix it?
 
You can disable the hotkey poller service (requires reboot since it can not be stopped).

To my understanding the you will be running 3D speeds all the time, and as far as I know it is also up to YOU to set the voltages up from 2D.

Personally I don't want to deal with it. If I get 5fps slower in games but don't have to start and setup ATI Tools or ATI Tray before hand and reset afterwards its worth it.
 
my CCC lets me set it to 695mhz after running the auto overclock detect on the x1950xtx but i can see that the card starts to overheat during game play at this mhz,

thats because the CCC doesnt speed up the fan from the stock settings, even if you overclock the card

the fan kicks in at 83*C , which is way too high for the overclocked card, it should kick in @ about 70* , remember, heat prevents good overclocks ,

the only way to overclock the card is to use atitool, tha latest beta and adjust the clocks and fan speed with that,

im gonna be watercooling my card soon, i just need to find out if the gddr4 can run stable overclocked with just fan blowing on it , i know gddr3 in my x1900xt running @ 840mhz worked fine with just a fan blowing on it
 
Got to be careful with CCC OC numbers. It relaxes the timings so the OC goes a little higher but might not perform as well a ATITool's oc.

I think it probably evens out in the end. ATITool's might be faster but its certainly a bigger pain in the ass then using CCC.

(If you do using ATITool, remember you need to set the core voltage yourself! I think its 1.45V)
 
after putting watter on my x1950xtx i was able to get 770mhz stable with 1.55v on the core, next step up that the core can be set to is 783 and im pretty sure i can get it stable but i cant get the right vddci ,

temp is 51*C full load
 
Vielgus-Kutas said:
after putting watter on my x1950xtx i was able to get 770mhz stable with 1.55v on the core, next step up that the core can be set to is 783 and im pretty sure i can get it stable but i cant get the right vddci ,

temp is 51*C full load


Glad you're enjoying the card.... how about leaving me some heatware before you fry it. LOL :D :D :D
 
Back
Top