ClimatePrediction.net

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
If you haven't been paying attention to your credits, you may want to hop on over and take a look. CPDN is still having stats problems and certainly don't want to export with this going on. I should have 1,028,132.48 points according to BOINCStats which may be a little outdated but not by terribly much. According to CPDN's website, I have 22,817,406,279,727 points. Yes folks, that is 22 trillion. Though it will be fixed in time, it is still amusing to see.

http://climateapps2.oerc.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/team_members.php?teamid=5086&offset=0&sort_by=expavg_credit

Edit: I created an account called HardOCPtest so that anyone whom wanted to test or contribute anonymously could do so.

to attach a computer to your account without using the BOINC Manager.
To do so, install BOINC, create a file named account_climateprediction.net.xml in the BOINC data directory, and set its contents to:
<account>
<master_url>http://climateprediction.net</master_url>
<authenticator>720759_04615d517d8b1215ede128d15c372e38</authenticator>
</account>

teamdaily.php

Last edited:
Jeez, those miners are really doing miracles for you.

Oh wait, they're not tied to CP are they? :rolleyes:

Nope, and that Miner (yes I have only scored points on one of them so far) is running under HardOCPtest now so that people understand that it is just for testing and learning how they work with BOINC. It isn't the same as running cgminer of bfgminer with the core app. I have also noticed that it can get very touchie when it comes to USB ports.

I recently passed the 1 million point mark in this project, making this my 27th project with 1 million+ points. I'm chasing Gilthanis, but will never catch up. :D

Looks like their stats are all screwy yet again.... It is a shame this project can't be managed better.

Yeah, I recently lost over 200K points and I still don't have them back yet. They claim they will be returned, but I am not holding my breath.

I was surprised to see them return. I didn't even raise hell about it on their forums when I lost the points, so maybe my new, nicer approach will work better than in the past. :D

LOL... maybe it was Karma or something. I find it pointless (no pun intended) to post anything about points in their forums. Les will immediately treat you like dirt and then you get a bunch of crusaders talking about how points serve no purpose whatsoever and are useless. I'm not a point whore and really don't care if I get those back. But I do see various beneficial uses of the point system. And having one certainly pushes the project further than not having one. People like recognition for their efforts. Points are about all they have. Some places have badges which also motivate many like points do. Any way that you can get your donors happy and not increase your costs too high is typically very rewarding to the project. However, there are just some people that believe there is no wrong to their side of the coin. If we didn't have points, I would probably compare how many work units I finished instead. However, that doesn't really reflect an apples to apples comparison between users at most projects. This divide is one of many reasons why DC'ers contributions are kinda dwindling in a sense of new DC'ers replacing the ones leaving...

The hell do those idiots keep doing? Like seriously. Stop tinkering with crap and just let it run.

The worst part is that I hit 1 million points there back in 2014....

Climate prediction now requires you to go into your preference and turn on stats exporting. Make sure you get that changed!

Back