Clicking Noises coming from PC and Videos would barely play

Hi, I have a crucial M4 128 gb Solid State Drive, I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, I have 3 Hitachi internal drives on my PC. Just yesterday I noticed clicking noises coming from my PC, this occurred for several hours.

When this occurred my 1080p videos would barely play. I believe this occurred on all 3 hard drives. Afterwards VLC would not open.

I opened Crystal Disk Info and all the drives are showing up as "Good". Could my Boot drive be failing? Or Could some component be failing?

What should I do?

Any help is greatly appreciated

What do you mean by "barely play"? Did you have the videos full screened? Was your entire system stuttering when the videos wouldn't play or was it just the videos that were giving you trouble?

on all 3 drives all at once, clicking noise of death is usually harddrive failure

1st, backup any important data you have.

run a full windows check disk to scan and find bad sectors.

unplug all drives except the OS drive and 1 mechanical and test it and see if ti makes noise and try each drive one by one, also change media players, try Media player classic (better than VLC anyways)

I had this issue with a 2TB Seagate mechanical drive, and of all things, a firmware update fixed it.

It never hurts to try!

Thanks guys, I was getting the stuttering with both VLC, Media Player Classic Home Cinema and Cyberlink Power DVD.

I'm not hearing any noises from the computer today and the videos seem to play ok. I will run an error check, should I run it for all the drives or just the boot drive?

Could the drive still be failing if Crystal Disk Info shows the status as being good?

Check for overheating drives. You said there's 3 drives, is there any space for airflow in between them?

Back