• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Clichéd "Best Case For Me" thread...

xyoufailmex

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 5, 2004
Messages
264
Alright, well, as the title says, this is the typical 'what case is right for me' thread.... Well... Ive been looking through newegg, xoxide, and tigerdirect for days... I've been browsing these forums trying to get a general idea, and lots of ideas, just no perfect case...

Well, I dont really want to spend over 100 or 110 bucks. I want a black case preferably, with a side window as a must have (no dremel). I would prefer a side fan, and maybe even top/front fans. I have been looking and I found the Coolermaster Centurion 5... I like the one with the blue/black face, only, the sides are silver! How is the Thermalmaster Tsunami with the X-window? I have, however, found, two cases that are PERFECT for me, but, one is discontinued (xoxide) and the other is too much (lian li). Here are they are:
http://xoxide.com/skull.html
http://xoxide.com/newlianli60.html

I dont like anything super-ricey or flashy, and I know most people hate these "premods", but I dont have the ability to cut etc.. and I want a good platform to do some minor mods to (fan grills, leds, etc..) and showoff my internals with. Thanks in advance.
 
The temjin is pretty cool, but like i said, I have no experience cutting, so I'd be afraid with my first cutting experience being on a 100 dollar case.... ouch... Funny, the chieftec was my original idea, but I figure way too many local people have those. I want something that stands out, but doesnt look like Transformers took over my computer...

Ive been considering these custom cut cases, so if you guys know any site with those that is dependable, thatd be equally helpful.

I know, Im a stubborn one, but I want something original, and stands out, without being flashy and gaudy.... and I have yet to acquire cutting skills..
 
Nivram said:
How about one of these?? No side or top fans, but nice cool case with a side window. :cool:

I have this case essentially except for mine has a window fan on the side. I love it! Plenty of room and it is L I G H T. I had never carried an aluminum case before I ordered this one and I was shocked at the weight. Great case imo. Easily modded too, which I may do in the future.
 
The xoxide one seems to be still in stock at Xoxide, it just isn't made anymore. That's what it appears to be, anyway.
 
You should probably also consider this Super Flower case:
http://www.directron.com/sf301t3bk.html

It's black aluminum, has 3 windows, removable motherboard tray, top blowhole, comes with 5 fans, and it's $95 before shipping. I've been looking at these cases off and on but I don't have the money right now to build a new system. It says it is discontinued but it appears that they still have some in stock, since there's still a price listed. The only thing it doesn't have that you wanted was a fan mounted on the side window.

EDIT: Doh! Looked again, it says discontinued with no ETA, so they don't have it after all. Still:

They also carry a very similar case:
http://www.directron.com/201tblk.html
This one is not discontinued, has the same major features, and runs $108 before shipping.

best of luck finding the perfect case, I know I seem to change my mind at least once a week ;)
 
that Sf-201 looks sweet! Anyone know how to stealth drives on those? or if you can buy drive covers?
 
Kudos to this board...

I went with a Chieftec Full Tower with clear acrylic window... I decided, hey, with the 100 bucks i'd spend on a decent little premod, I could buy a chieftec and a dremel and go to town! So... thus, a hobby is born

By the way, did I make a mistake going with the aluminum case? Figured itd be lightest and easiest to cut... Anyways,awesome, 150 bucks for it and a Antec 450W Power Supply shipped with a blue cathode
 
well form your original post the second link looks liek a much better and cleaning case. But the other cases, similar to the lian li's are much bette rin my opinion.
 
Back
Top