• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Cleared cmos, lost bios settings

djohn3853

n00b
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
28
Hi All, its been a while. Been having trouble lately, suddenly got a "keyboard error or no keyboard detected" I changed cmos battery and cleared cmos and it seems to work. Only thing is, as you all know, it wipes out settings in bios. I'm not real good at this stuff, just know enough to be dangerous. So I would just like to get it back where it was. Its real slow now. I was running a slight overclock which I'm not sure what it was but I think it was around 1.86 Ghz. Does that make sense with my setup. The bus speed setting defaulted to 100Mhz. I have since bumped it to 133 and it seems better but not where it was. What is the right bus setting? If I go into control panel and "system" it says Mobile AMD Athlon...798 Mhz...1 Gig Ram. I don't think it recognizes my actual cpu, so is it reporting the "actual" cpu speed or just what it thinks it should be. Like if you had a 2ghz cpu and u o'clocked it to 2.5, what number would be reported on that screen? Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm not sure what other settings I might have lost, maybe nothing, I'm not really much of a tweaker. Wasn't o'clocking mem.
 
From the Wiki page:

Model Number Frequency L2 Cache FSB Multiplier Voltage
Athlon XP-M 2600+ 2000 MHz 512 KB 266 MT/s 15x 1.45 - or 1.65 if desktop replacement

So default is 133fsb.. but you could probably run that sucker at 200x11 for
2.2Ghz at stock voltage.

You RAM would be at stock speed.

Make sure to check the multiplier.
 
Back
Top