Do you use ClearType?

• Hell yes I use it

Votes: 32 72.7%
  • Bah! Hell no

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Well do you? I have a hard time using it.... On CRTs LCDs, TVs, it jsut seems blurry no matter what setting I set it to.. But I am giving it a try now...

do you use it?

I only have CRT's in my house, so I do not use it. I find it's nice on LCDs, like on my father's laptops.

To make this valid only those with LCD's should vote.

Ya know, call me crazy, but on my 19 inch lcd, and my 15.4 inch widescreen laptop, i prefer the standard type versus ClearType.

I have a 20 inch LCD and it makes it look worse. Always seems to make text look blurry or too bold. I like it off.

I have it on.
At first things looked strange, but it grew on me. Now going to a computer with an LCD and cleartype turned off makes me go o_O

BTW, it also helps on some smaller CRT's when running at a high res (Like a 17 inch CRT running at 1600x1200)

Off on all my machines, makes the text to fuzzy and washed out.

I have 5 LCDs ranging from 15" to 18.1" and I use it on all of them.

I have a 19" CRT monitor and I always use Clear Type. Fonts look ugly without it now.

I am using it now, I like the smoothness , but its like I can see red/blue/green around my Black and white letter. I have good eyes, maybe thats the problem

USMC2Hard4U said:
I am using it now, I like the smoothness , but its like I can see red/blue/green around my Black and white letter. I have good eyes, maybe thats the problem
No, your convergence is likely out of whack. :)

Back