• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Clear custom decals for acrylic/cases?

jreffy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
300
I was wondering if anyone out there knew if there was such a thing?


I have a design I want to put on the side of my case, however, I do not have the art or painting skills required to manually paint it on the side how I want. Is there a way I can print something off onto a clear sticker, and paste it on the side of my case or a piece of acrylic?
 
Go to your nearest tint shop. They will most likely have a plotter cutter which can make vinyls for you.
 
The graphic I have in mind is very highly detailed, and I don't think a custom vinyl shop would suit my needs, however, maybe I'm wrong. Here's a link to the graphic I want to use, however I'd just be using the "Savage 2" lettering with the sword behind it, and drop the skull and backing all together with photoshop.


http://savage2.s2games.com/images/savage_logo.jpg


Anyone know if that's well within the capabilities of a custom vinly shop, or do I need some alternative solution?
 
I have been thinking over the same thing lately. I wish there was an online store that you could submit your picture too and then have them print it in any size you want then have them mail it to you. Someone should start one.
 
There's thousands of stores like that.

The problem I see with that image is:

1: It's too dark. Printing it on clear vinyl would not provide a dark effect. All of the colors would be very vibrant, but not "dark".
2: The image is very small. You can't enlarge a low resolution image.

Here's a sample of what I did for my case:

PICT0222.jpg


PICT0223.jpg


I printed mine onto whie vinyl use an acid sublimation process.
 
Back
Top