Cleaning the water lines??

Vengeance

Weaksauce
Hey all,

I recently purchased a bunch of upgrade for my P.C. and today was upgrade day. Well, when I got the computer open and started looking at my water lines, I'm seeing there quite a bit of gunk in there... :( Yes, I did use an additive, Hydrix, but looks like it was just crap....

My question is, does anyone know how to clean the lines with out having to disassemble the whole loop?? Anything I can flush through it?? I'm trying to get all this stuff installed today, so ordering something would suck...

Thanks for your time, and I searched the forum, to no avail, so if this has been answered, my apologies.

-V

Use vinegar.My friend also used water with salt...(DONT ASK)
Flush it with vinegar and then flush it again with water

Don't use tap water ever in a watercooling set up, not even to flush it out. THe calcium will build up in your tubes and blocks and you'll end up with more gunk. Vinegar will work to break down the deposits and the salt + water combo will give everything a bit of a scrub, I'd recommend doing it by hand rather than running it through your loop.

Yea,I just run a straight up distilled loop with a few drops of car anti freeze and some food coloring(really thin color,or it messed up your lines,blocks,and pumps.

Vengeance said:
Hey all,

I recently purchased a bunch of upgrade for my P.C. and today was upgrade day. Well, when I got the computer open and started looking at my water lines, I'm seeing there quite a bit of gunk in there... :( Yes, I did use an additive, Hydrix, but looks like it was just crap....

Gunk is not very descriptive. What does this "gunk" look like?

Back