Cleaning the bloat from Windows 10

Well, drop the Surface Pro on a dock, with a keyboard, mouse, display, peripherals... voila, it is a real computer (it already is anyway but whatever). Pull it off the dock and go, it's still a real computer.

9 months? You took 9 months to post a slam? :D

Well, drop the Surface Pro on a dock, with a keyboard, mouse, display, peripherals... voila, it is a real computer (it already is anyway but whatever). Pull it off the dock and go, it's still a real computer.

9 months? You took 9 months to post a slam? :D

LOL! I had to go back through the posts just to know what he was even talking about. :D Not sure where gets the idea that the Surface Pro line is not a real computer but then again, he also thinks you have to play Battlefield 4 just to be a real computer. :D (Of course, I told him that would make most office computers not real computers but I am sure you know how that went.)

LOL! I had to go back through the posts just to know what he was even talking about. :D Not sure where gets the idea that the Surface Pro line is not a real computer but then again, he also thinks you have to play Battlefield 4 just to be a real computer. :D (Of course, I told him that would make most office computers not real computers but I am sure you know how that went.)

If it can't play BF4 it ain't worth owning. :)

BF4 ain't worth owning.... And SP4 w/ dock and dual monitors has replaced my desktop at work for the past 6 months now as IT manager. Don't miss my desktop at all.

Great thread.

I'd like to play games from Windows 10 Store. (such as Forza Horizon 3 and soon to be released Gears of War 4 etc)
On my main machine, I used the following commands (in Power Shell) to remove every metro apps *except* for Windows Store.
Code:
Get-AppXPackage | Where Name -NotLike "*WindowsStore*" | Remove-AppXPackage
Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Where DisplayName -NotLike "*WindowsStore*" | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage –online

In order to buy/download/play games from Windows 10 Store, what are the required metro apps ? I guess XBOX App is one of them. Is there anything else ?
I ask because I intend to keep required metro apps only. (Windows 10 is so bloated with all those pre-installed metro crap.)

Back