• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cleaning my LianLi

JamesL

Gawd
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
657
Got a Velocity-micro branded Lian-li case a week ago, and it's got some sticky-residue on two spots.

How would I go about getting that off, without damaging the anodized aluminum?
I would prefer a "tested and tried"... but if not, I could test it on the bottom of the case.

Also, is it easy enough to remove the velocity-micro branding from the case, to replace with my own? It's on the silver bar that goes across the top/mid/bottom, and I'm not sure what material it is.
 
for the sticky stuff i would try some rubbing alcohol and a qtip
 
Rubbing alcohol or for really sticky shit lighter fluid. I know, I just cleaned my Lian Li today.;)
 
Your own fingernail works well in conjunction with the above. Remember metal is tougher than bone.

not aluminum. Aluminum cases actually scratch pretty darn easily (only downside to cases like the Lian-Lis).

But Goo-Gone, Goo-Off, or rubbing alcohol with a soft cloth should all be just fine ;)
 
Back
Top