Cleaning macbook screen

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
So I went with what everyone told me got the shit from bestbuy with the microfiber rag. Well now I look at my screen at the side and it looks like there sperical scratch marks like the fiber rag scartched it up. Anyone else notice this? not like I even pushed hard.

I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to use microfiber with the glossy screens. I have a glossy screen on my MBP and I just use a slightly wet soft rag.

I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to use microfiber with the glossy screens. I have a glossy screen on my MBP and I just use a slightly wet soft rag.

Yeah... They're mainly for matte screens.

But OP, with a MF cloth, make sure you clean in the exact same motion each time. Up to down, move over a bit, up to down etc.

I use a wet old black t-shirt for cleaning mine.

I wouldn't recommend using anything abrasive or any chemicals on any screen. Even Matt screens may have a anti-glare coating that once it's 'scratched' off.... sucks big time, even a finger-print on my screen drives me insane :p

Moist (with water only) soft cloth is always fine... just be carefull not to accidentally run your fingernails over the screen surface while cleaning.

Back