Cleaning Laptop screen

LithiumRage158

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I was just wondering, what is the best cleaner to use on a BrightView (gloss) screen? I usually keep the fingerprints off mine, but I've never actually cleaned it thoroughly. If there is anything besides the special LCD cleaner that you use, please let me know.

get some of that Monster LCD cleaner from best buy... comes with teh micro fiber cloth! Works well!

I use a damp papertowel with a very small amount of mild hand soap and then wipe it dry with a dry paper towel

I just use good 'ol Windex-type cleaner on my LCD's. The trick is to spray it on the cloth, not the screen. Otherwise the cleaner could get INTO the screen (trickle through the bezel and up into the LCD area). Unless you have some kind of exotic screen coating, this should be fine.

I use Windex and a microfiber cloth on my Inspiron 9300 WUXGA shiny screen. Been doing so for 1.5 years and no ill effects as of yet.

As buckus said, spray it on the cloth not the screen itself.

as said above.... glass cleaner on the cloth.... not on the screen itself! Works like a charm.

P.S. The microfibre towel seems to work very well indeed... used one the other day(on my glossy dell 9400), and was very impressed.

best dust remover=soft bristled paint brush

more intensive cleaning=warm soapy water on a paper towel followed up by a microfiber cloth

I use straight up rubbing alcohol and a paper towel or rag... no ill effects, and I clean the whole computer with it and it removes all the fingerprints/hand oils/dirt easily.

I hope you guys using chemicals to clean your lcd's are just kidding.

Another idea too. Stop touching the screen. :)

I lucked out one day and grabbed an lcd cleaning kit from ncix.com when i was in their store. I think I paid like.. $5 and it comes with a cleaning solution for lcds, a dust brush which is handy for the keyboard, and a fancy cloth deal for wiping the screen.

Which reminds me.. this lcd is looking kind of dusty today.

Back