• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cleaning dust from fans?

jyi786

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
5,847
My Zalman CNPS7000-Cu is getting real dusty.

I don't know of a good way to really clean it, as compressed air really doesn't get the dust between the fins. I can dismount the fan to clean it, but what would be the best method for cleaning it? The HS is pure copper, and I wouldn't want to ruin it.
 
i turned mine off and blew on it and got most of it out, im sure if you tried hard enough you can get it out with compressed air
 
you know my friend had such a dust problem that his computer would reboot. But he kept the dust off the fan. I couldnt figure out what the problem was, and ended up taking every single component out. After i was about to give up, i unscrewed the fan off of the cpu heatsink, and dust was literally caked onto the heatsink. there had to be atleast an inch of dust filling in the fins. I took it to a trash bag and blew it all out with some canned-air. Computer has been running fine since.

Summary:
Keep dust out of your heatsinks, not just your fans.
 
to clean the dust off the fan go get a glass off tap water and splash it hard to the HSF(must be connected to the MB):D:D:D:D.














Get PC Blow Off duster from frozenCPU or other sites.
 
you just stretch pantyhose over your intake fans, traps dust BAM dont need to dust anymore, or at least not nearly as often
 
Ummmm, this might sound really odd. But am I the only person that dust and vacumes thier computer? Who needs canned air. Use your vacume. And people CLEAN YOUR POWER SUPPLIES! I'm tired of replacing dirty powersupplies for people.

Thank you this has been your daily ranting from me.
 
I use a small TurboVac 800 watt. they sell them at home depot for like $20. not only does it vacuum it also blows air much better than any 1.99 canned air. Plus it comes with tons of attachments.
 
Back
Top