cleaned and reseated my cpu and temps still 40c

Soarin

2[H]4U
Ok next issue, i just took my Stock HSF off and cleaned it well i reapplied the only thermal compound i had here. Ceramique by artic silver, and my temps ae the same XD. it was a bitch to apply very high density. I may be jumping the gun but really, 42c is high. i want to get low 30's or high 20's...

I just found this info So i guess the cure time is 100-300 hours... wtf... Would a hyper 212+ help me lower temps even after a cure or before because i like AS5 and if AS5 performs better i will buy a 212+ and AS5, this new sticky white stuff is new to me :p :D
Features:

High-Density ceramic content:
Céramique uses a high-density layered composite of five unique shapes of thermally conductive aluminum oxide, boron nitride and zinc oxide sub-micron particles to maximize particle-to-particle contact area and thermal transfer in micro to moderate bond line situations. This exclusive combination provides performance exceeding most metal based compounds.

Controlled Triple-Phase Viscosity:
Céramique does not contain any silicone. The suspension fluid is a proprietary mixture of advanced polysynthetic oils that provide superior performance and long-term stability. During the system's initial use, the heat from the CPU lowers the viscosity of the compound to enhance the filling of the microscopic valleys and ensure a minimum bond line between the heatsink and the CPU core. Then the compound thickens slightly over the next 100 to 300 hours of use to its final consistency designed for long-term stability. (This should not be confused with conventional phase change pads that are pre-attached to many heatsinks. Those pads melt each time they get hot then re-solidify when they cool. The viscosity changes that Céramique goes through are much more subtle and ultimately much more effective.)

Excellent Stability:
Céramique is engineered to not separate, run, migrate, or bleed.

Electrical Insulator:
Céramique does not contain any metal or other electrically conductive materials. It is a pure electrical insulator, neither electrically conductive nor capacitive.

Performance:
2 to 10 degrees centigrade lower CPU full load core temperatures than standard thermal compounds or thermal pads when measured with a calibrated thermal diode imbedded in the CPU core.

Easy Clean Up:
Céramique can easily be cleaned from CPUs and heatsinks with isopropyl alcohol or any of the cleaners listed in the product instructions

Innovative Dispenser:
The 2.5-gram Céramique is the first product available in our proprietary thermal compound syringe. Our new syringe is more compact, easier to handle and dispenses a higher percentage of its content than standard industrial or medical syringes. The amount of compound remaining in the syringe is easy to determine as the rear of the plunger is perfectly flush with the flange when the syringe is empty.

EDIT:

I did just check and i guess i did something right because the temp is now 38-39

Last edited:
I didn't realize this stuff is thick thick. I did the best pea method i could, and it was a mess. I read that it can drop considerably but i do not know. Has anyone else used this before? Some input of this stuff would be great, googling around the results seem nice, but holy cow, a PITA.

Aye, I want to upgrade to a hyper 212+ , if i can get results that prove it lowers the temp enough i will do it. My current temps are 44c on the cpu core. But the AS has not cured yet either.
i just took my Stock HSF
^^^ i did mention that i am on stock HS :p

Too many people still operate under the "more is better" definition when applying TC. A pea sized blob on the CPU and smear it around with your finger in a baggy or, my method of using a plastic card to cover the surface with a thin uniform layer.

trust me i now more is not better in this field , atleast when it comes to Thermal paste. Maybe i will take it off again and do what you mentioned, becuase like i stated this was a mess to apply. But then again if i do buy that hyper 212+ tomorrow at work i might as well wait.

stock = bad overclocking

you really need to get an after market cooler, it all depends on your price range.

The high end thermal paste can only reduce 2-3 degrees Celsius max compare to generic thermal paste imo.The problem is your stock HSF has reached its maximum cooling effectiveness,and therefore you can't reduce your temp any further.
What you need to do is upgrade the HSF itselt and apply it with the new thermal paste.
And you don't need 3 of those,only 1 or 2 is enough,3 is just overkill.

The high end thermal paste can only reduce 2-3 degrees Celsius max compare to generic thermal paste imo.The problem is your stock HSF has reached its maximum cooling effectiveness,and therefore you can't reduce your temp any further.
What you need to do is upgrade the HSF itselt and apply it with the new thermal paste.
And you don't need 3 of those,only 1 or 2 is enough,3 is just overkill.

yes but 3 would make my pc fly or float a little! :p

Alas i will be ordering a hyper 212+ to solve my issues tomorrow. And maybe one of those fans, if not the sycthe for 8.99 is a steal.

Last I checked, 40C is a perfectly fine temperature with a stock heatsink. If you want a lower temperature, then you'll probably have to go with an aftermarket cooler.

Last I checked, 40C is a perfectly fine temperature with a stock heatsink. If you want a lower temperature, then you'll probably have to go with an aftermarket cooler.

Going to be doing just that after friday i am going to let the thermal compound cure and go from there. :D ;)

This screenshot is for reference only.I'm using a Hyper 212 original with only 1 CM R4 63CFM fan.
temppb.jpg

When i used stock HSF,it reached 81 degrees @2.9GHz lol. :p

i5 750 Stock w/ Hyper 212+

Idle: 26/23/29/22

I can't see why your primary goal is to lower idle temperatures, since 40* C isn't going to harm your processor, but it will do the trick.

BTW: If anyone is wondering, overclocking my processor doesn't make any difference for me in daily use, and the multiplier doesn't go down to 9x in idle, so I said fuck it.

Idk i really am a stickler for heat. But i am going to let the AS cure and go from there..

I don't care if you let the AS cure for a year.. with that stock heatsink it will never run much cooler than you have it now. You will never see 20's or low 30's unless you move your rig outside into the snow. :p

Even a really cheap aftermarket Heatsink/Fan will make a huge diff. I had good luck with an Artic Pro Freezer 7 pro before I went to a Tuniq Tower 120 and had really great results.

P.S. Be sure and put a really strong fan on your aftermarket heatsink if you want superior results. I go with 100+cfm fans myself but I'm a bit hardcore.

The Artic Pro Freezer 7 is free after rebate very frequently if you live near a Frys.

Back