Apr 16, 2006 #1 M Met-AL Supreme [H]ardness Joined Apr 9, 2002 Messages 7,890 Is this safe to clean a LCD screen with?
Apr 16, 2006 #2 J Jason711 Supreme [H]ardness Joined Aug 3, 2001 Messages 5,975 what chemicals are in it?
Apr 16, 2006 #3 M Met-AL Supreme [H]ardness Joined Apr 9, 2002 Messages 7,890 That's the problem....no damn idea. It smell like alcohol but says "low alcohol" formula, so I am not sure.
That's the problem....no damn idea. It smell like alcohol but says "low alcohol" formula, so I am not sure.
Apr 16, 2006 #4 2 2gigs [H]ard|Gawd Joined Dec 4, 2005 Messages 1,200 Microfiber cloth+them=clean screen
Apr 16, 2006 #5 Unknown-One [H]F Junkie Joined Mar 5, 2005 Messages 8,909 Those work fine on my screen, and they dont screw up anti-glare coatings.
Apr 16, 2006 #6 K kaldaim Weaksauce Joined Jan 16, 2006 Messages 93 I just use febreze and lysol disinfecting wipes. It might make it look worse, but it sure smells better
I just use febreze and lysol disinfecting wipes. It might make it look worse, but it sure smells better
Apr 16, 2006 #7 B BriSleep Limp Gawd Joined Mar 17, 2006 Messages 165 Yes, that's ok. Don't even think of Febreeze or Lysol unless you want to buy a new screen. Soft clean cloth and 50/50 water, isopropyl alcohol is cheapest and most recommended by manufacturers.
Yes, that's ok. Don't even think of Febreeze or Lysol unless you want to buy a new screen. Soft clean cloth and 50/50 water, isopropyl alcohol is cheapest and most recommended by manufacturers.
Apr 17, 2006 #8 M Met-AL Supreme [H]ardness Joined Apr 9, 2002 Messages 7,890 I have had my LCD for almost a month now and haven't cleaned it yet. Heck, I haven't even laid a finger on the screen
I have had my LCD for almost a month now and haven't cleaned it yet. Heck, I haven't even laid a finger on the screen
Apr 17, 2006 #9 F ForBuilding Limp Gawd Joined Nov 30, 2005 Messages 194 I use the compressed air to clean stuff. Can never go wrong with that!
Apr 17, 2006 #10 T ToastyX [H]ard|Gawd Joined Mar 12, 2005 Messages 1,402 Why not just use a moist paper towel? I've never had to use anything more than that. I don't like the idea of using chemicals on my screen.
Why not just use a moist paper towel? I've never had to use anything more than that. I don't like the idea of using chemicals on my screen.
Apr 17, 2006 #11 S Skirrow [H]ard|Gawd Joined Mar 25, 2005 Messages 1,221 I use Mr Muscle glass cleaner and an old pair of panties. Works like a charm. Used to use an old bra but people thought that was wierd
I use Mr Muscle glass cleaner and an old pair of panties. Works like a charm. Used to use an old bra but people thought that was wierd
Apr 17, 2006 #12 M MrkXCeL [H]ard|Gawd Joined Jun 11, 2004 Messages 1,206 hmm thats jus so SUPER! I wanna fabreeze those big capacitors on my 24" CRT, I mean gosh they just sit there, OMG LIKE YEA LOL F%&# ITS 5AM NEED SLEEP!!! nothing except water and cotton cloth/t-shirt on my LCDs
hmm thats jus so SUPER! I wanna fabreeze those big capacitors on my 24" CRT, I mean gosh they just sit there, OMG LIKE YEA LOL F%&# ITS 5AM NEED SLEEP!!! nothing except water and cotton cloth/t-shirt on my LCDs
Apr 17, 2006 #13 F Fozzie55 n00b Joined Mar 27, 2005 Messages 10 Skirrow said: IUsed to use an old bra but people thought that was wierd Click to expand... Don't you mean wired?
Skirrow said: IUsed to use an old bra but people thought that was wierd Click to expand... Don't you mean wired?