Clean Your Damn Computer!!!

Definitely a smoker, and definitely disgusting. I'm in a basement, with 2 cats... I clean my computer like once every 2 months and there is never more than a small sprinkling of dust *vomits in mouth*

This is certainly the weirdest case I've seen

It looks very well build, the cables management are ok, good CPU cooler, and yet the owner didn't even bother to clean it. You'd think anyone who knows that much about hardware would know that it needs cleaning :confused:

Damn looks like a spiderweb and sea-salt spray went on for years...

he must have been using that thing out side on a farm or somthing thats a ton of dust and i think i see spider webs lol

That is about 3 months of build up for a heavy smoker. I used to do work for a company that supported courier offices - everyone smokes in those places. Machines just a couple month old would come into our office looking like that inside. NASTY. You know what you are blowing out of there is someone's lung goo, too.

YUCK

My chain smoking uncle brought me over his system to fix. His heatsink fan became so clogged with tar it would not spin. I made my uncle clean it out and he no longer had any cpu overheating problems. Worst part is my work area smell like cigarettes for the next week.

I'm G Rhodes, I built the machine on 04/09

Customer forgot to clean the machine, not me.

Most people's computers I have worked on are in various stages of nasty like this. Thankfully I've only seen a couple this bad.

I clean mine every 2 months or so, I keep it on the floor. Even still, I don't get much dust, I'm keep my place pretty ttidy.

Wow.. no mice mentioned so far. About a year ago, we started smelling a dead animal in our computer room. Tore the whole room apart looking for it. The smell would come and go so I figured it must be something in the attic or in the crawl space.

After a couple months the smell disappeared so I didn't think anything of it.

Then the DVD Burner in my wife's computer started flaking out so I opened up her computer to replace it and found a dead mouse in the bottom of the case.

It had to crawl through the 80mm fan hole at one of the very few times that the computer was turned off.

Oh, and dust like pictured in that system is nothing if you live in a dusty environment... TX, AZ, older house.

At least it wasn't a smoker's computer.

The computer was built to look like that, it is the "Brown Recluse" Mod. :D

Put air filters on all intake fans and filter foam over intake grids.

But yeah that case looks scary lol.

Wow, begs the question when was it clean?

May be unsanitary living conditions :p

Put air filters on all intake fans and filter foam over intake grids.

But yeah that case looks scary lol.

Was built in an Antec Three Hundred which has a filtered intake. The filter was matted with a growth and 100% occluded - sorry no pics of that. And no, this was not a smoker's computer either.

Was built in an Antec Three Hundred which has a filtered intake. The filter was matted with a growth and 100% occluded - sorry no pics of that. And no, this was not a smoker's computer either.

Does he operate the PC in the middle of an active race track?

I was tech support for a small ISP/computer store in Bath, Maine a few years ago. People would bring in computers they were using on lobster boats for navigation software and lobster counting. For anyone that has never been on a lobster boat, there is no such thing as a clean and dry place on one of them. Pretty much every place on the boat gets salt water spray on it throughout the day. The cases were often rusted shut, optical drives never worked, and salt creep usually killed the power supplies. Some of the guys kept their keyboard in plastic bags, but others just kept buying new keyboards. Saw a whole bunch of "holy shit how does this still boot" PCs come through there. We would replace parts with whatever junk we had laying around to get the PCs booting again, charge them $25 and call it good. Got a whole bunch of free lobster helping those guys out :D

Definitely a smoker, and definitely disgusting. I'm in a basement, with 2 cats... I clean my computer like once every 2 months and there is never more than a small sprinkling of dust *vomits in mouth*

That is NOT smoker dust. It is regular dust. Apparently you have never worked on a smokers computer. The dust turns this nasty brown color and everything gets super sticky from the tar. That spider web would not be hanging like that if it was all tarred up from smoke.

I have had several times in the past where a customer brought in a machine from a smoking environment, on a Friday (closed on weekends) just before closing. I had to literally put the desktop into a garbage bag along with a paper towel with Lysol on it, tie the bag up and let it sit there all weekend. Main reason was to keep that stench from stinking up the entire shop. The smell almost makes me gag. How smokers can put up with that, I'll never know.

Yes, that's not smoker's dust. I've seen the inside of a couple of smokers' computers.
The 'dust' usually has a sickly yellow color. Worse case scenario: There is no dust anymore; only clumps of a stinking dark brown substance, sitting on, or hanging from every component and cable.

I once found a dead and crispy frog in a customers computer.
I found a bunch of roaches in a customer's toshiba laptop. I thought I was doing him a favor by cleaning it and making it work after he said last week it worked, but when my boss came in and noticed the customer's name, he said trash it. That customer's house is full of roaches and he brought in a couple other computers in the past. Then, the customer came in with a new desktop.

Back