• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Claude Opus 5.5

Scoobydo2

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 27, 2020
Messages
78
Claude Opus 5.5 released a few days ago. Has anybody upgraded to it or have used it?

I changed over to it in my large coding project, and it seems to do a good job. However, they mentioned that it uses less tokens and is cheaper than Opus 5.0, however, I'm finding it burning through my tokens faster. With Opus 5.0 I could code all day pretty much including the weekends and not go through my $100 max subscription weekly limits, but since upgrading on Tuesday and running it, I'm now at 91% and will likely end up running out before the end of the day. So I'm not sure I trust their claims on using less tokens.
 
it knows you are sitting at a $10 K desk and thinks you can afford the increase. Plus something something brother joke.

Good call out here. will have keep an eye on our teams spending and see if we see the same.
 
What effort are you running it at?
On medium I have used %12 weekly usage on a $200 plan this week.

That’s with having it vibe code a solidworks mcp server and having it scrub my drawing index and having it do a days worth of full drawings in solidworks and a decent amount of derivative product modeling. Maybe that easier for it than coding.
 
What effort are you running it at?
On medium I have used %12 weekly usage on a $200 plan this week.

That’s with having it vibe code a solidworks mcp server and having it scrub my drawing index and having it do a days worth of full drawings in solidworks and a decent amount of derivative product modeling. Maybe that easier for it than coding.
I am running it on "Extra" effort. I was using Ultracode with Opus 5.0, but it says ultracode is just extra with workflows (which I don't use since they burn through tokens really fast)
 
I am running it on "Extra" effort. I was using Ultracode with Opus 5.0, but it says ultracode is just extra with workflows (which I don't use since they burn through tokens really fast)
I watched some videos last night that indicated that medium is the optimal effort and it you raise it too much it gets retarded.
 
I watched some videos last night that indicated that medium is the optimal effort and it you raise it too much it gets retarded.

apparently 5.5 extra eat tokens way more than previous gen.
Good to know. I may change my effort then down to Medium... And see how it goes. I took advantage of my "reset limits for Opus" so hopefully that will get me to Friday night. :)
 
Back
Top