Claro+ Vs X-Meridian

Hi guys I was just wondering what would be the better out of these 2? My main priority is music from the Analogue plugs and use a pair of Alessandro MS-1 Headphones.
If I were to get the X-meridian It would have to be shipped from America and would cost the same price as the Claro+ :)

The Claro+ uses a AD8620BR OPAMP for Front Channel output and I understand the X-Meridian sounds very good with the LM4562 OPAMPS.

So which one should I get :)

Hands down, the best sounding 8788 based card is the X-Meridian. It also uses very good DAC's. My advice is to go with the XM or wait for the Prelude.

ok thanks for that :) Does anyone know any good cheap sites that will ship the X-meridian and LM4562 OPAMPS Internationally?

FWIW, they are pretty comparable. i'm not an audiophile, but from what other people have said, the analogue audio chain is pretty much linked to the OPAMP, capacitors and ambient EM noise. i.e. what mods are available for audiocards in general.

i suppose the closest or best way to compare would be head-to-head A/B comparisons of the range of CMI8788 cards, but who's going to do that. certainly not [H] reviewers ... :D

ok thanks for that. Does anyone know a cheap place that will ship the X-meridian Internationally?

Did you try the main company. You can compare any of the other cards to the X-Meridian. The parts are not the same. Thay don't use the same DAC's Opamps filtering caps or circuit design;) If you want a 8788 with the best sound possible the X-Meridian is the one you want.
If your more a gamer type then the Prelude is more up your alley...

The Official X-meridian site is quite pricey :p And I been reading from some other people that the Claro+ is better because of the AD8620BR opamp for Front channels

The Official X-meridian site is quite pricey :p And I been reading from some other people that the Claro+ is better because of the AD8620BR opamp for Front channels

The 8620 could be slightly better than the stock X-M opamps, but an X-M with LM4562's will probably blow a Claro+ away.
Try to get an X-M along with the LM opamps or you'll be wondering what you're missing out on :p I wish I could help you with finding a site that does cheap international shipping for the card, but good luck. For the opamps you may want to look at http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksearch/dksus.dll?KeywordSearch?Keywords=LM4562NA < they do worldwide shipping on them.

If you look around at the X-Meridian reviews the are very favorable and their has never been ANY info I have seen to suggest any other 8788 based card can compare to let alone best a X-Meridian 7.1. There are lots of great 8788 based cards out there some sound better then others. The CLaro+ seems to have good specs. If it is more of your flavor get one. Enjoy your purchase.

ah well there really arn't any reviews on the Claro+ only the Claro mainly due to the availability and not to mention its newer than the X-meridian (I think?)

Both the Claro+ and X-meridian are highly praised individually though o_O I Guess I can't go wrong with any since I'm on a 10 year old Sound Blast Live! OEM card :D

Back