Clarification about WC

Caddish

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
84
Hi I'm looking to build a CPU-GPU loop for the rig in my sig
I red a lot of thread but I still have a few question.

I am wondering with compression fitting, 3$/ft tubing, least maintenance fluidn:
  • What kind of maintenance is required (how often)
  • If done well is it possible to have zero leak for 2-3 years
  • I move my case 4-5 time a year (occasional lan or two a friend) is it strong enough to move in a car without leak
 
If you use distilled water and pt nuke, you shouldn't have to do any "maintenance" for a year or two.

Yes. Make sure you use hose clamps or compression fittings, if you will be moving it around. I move my computer around 3-4 times a month, and I havn't had any problems. My two rad's + tubing are on the outside of my case too.
 
I check my water levels about once every 6 months to a year. I never have leaks, just evaporation of about 1/4 cup or less. I use distilled water and GM DexCool coolant. I also move mine a few times a year and at one point weekly for a lan and never had a leak. I use clamps on all my fittings.
 
Great that was my biggest concern. And if I want pretty water is it the same thing or I should wash it more often?

Also since I have a mATX board my card cover my only pci-e 4x which I want to use for a sata3 card + SSD eventually. With a WB on the GPU is there enough room to plug a card ?
 
Back
Top