Ckhdks will not run

On my main hard drive where xp is install chkdsk will not run on start-up, but will run my other hard drives. Last time that happen I ran spybot and adaware and that fixed it. I need to run chkdsk on it now because my computer is crashing at random. Help me plaese

My guess is your windows install is screwed beyond repair and you need to face the facks and reformat.

Just kidding. Try this.
Try inserting your windows cd and booting from it. Press F10 or R after doing so to enter the recovery console. There type chkdsk C:/r . or if you have more time chkdsk C:/r/p . Change C: to whatever the drive letter is. I cant remember, there may be a space between C: and /r.

well the crap keeps crashing. I even took it off raid and had just the hard drive and cd-rom on ide1 and it still does it. The errors on the BSOD are sometimes uninstall anti-virus program/ disk defrager. Or bad hardware irq. Or a USB error. I just did i reinstall on it about 3 weeks ago. It takes 4 days to install all my programs back on it. I even put a 3 gig hard drive in there with W2K and set it to master, and set my xp drive to slave. 2000 will not even load or go into consul repair. errrrr damn-it

Back