Civ IV: The complete edition

I have a confession to make.

Although I own Civ 4, and the two expansion packs, Warlords, and Beyond The Sword, and would recommend the package to anyone and everyone, I personally have never advanced beyond the sword.

I make it to about the 12 hour mark, whereupon I find myself stymied by the A.I. - at which time I quit. I then return to Civ 4 about six months later, and start anew, only to find myself repeating the earlier process. I've started about six campaigns but have never made it to the end. I doubt that I've ever even seen any of the Beyond The Sword content.

That said, I'm seriously looking forward to Civ 5, chiefly because of the Panzer General element to the battle engine. I have a funny feeling that Civ 5 is going to be my personal favorite civ game of them all, by far. I spent insane amounts of time playing Panzer General, and if Civ 5's battle mechanics end up playing out like that... then that will be the end of me.

I've played the main game before but never the expansions. And i'm not one to do the campaigns in strategy games. I typically just make a random map, load it up with some AI and go at it. Will these expansions still integrate their additional units, people, civs into that? I think they will from what i've read.

Beyond the Sword expansion adds a significant amount of gameplay options. BTS can be considered Civ. 4.5 due to the amount of additional content.

Yep, just picked it up. $10 its a steal especially with all of the expansions included. God I love Steam. I have been wanting to buy this game for a long time, but I have had so many RTS and Empire-type games that I wasn't sure I would like it. Well, off to try it out, see you in a month.....

Couldn't resist this steal of a deal. Already own all the games but now I don't have to worry about losing the discs.

Couldn't resist this steal of a deal. Already own all the games but now I don't have to worry about losing the discs.

Same...

Oh the number of games I've bought twice on Steam...

I have a confession to make.

Although I own Civ 4, and the two expansion packs, Warlords, and Beyond The Sword, and would recommend the package to anyone and everyone, I personally have never advanced beyond the sword.

I make it to about the 12 hour mark, whereupon I find myself stymied by the A.I. - at which time I quit. I then return to Civ 4 about six months later, and start anew, only to find myself repeating the earlier process. I've started about six campaigns but have never made it to the end. I doubt that I've ever even seen any of the Beyond The Sword content.

That said, I'm seriously looking forward to Civ 5, chiefly because of the Panzer General element to the battle engine. I have a funny feeling that Civ 5 is going to be my personal favorite civ game of them all, by far. I spent insane amounts of time playing Panzer General, and if Civ 5's battle mechanics end up playing out like that... then that will be the end of me.

If you have some spare time you should definitely read up on the AI changes they've done in Civ V (I don't have a link to the article(s) I read, but they shouldn't be hard to find). They've completely rewritten it from the ground up. I'm talking insanely improved. And, my favorite, tech trading is no longer allowed. By anyone. Civilizations can work together on a single tech, decreasing the resources and time it takes to discover it, but no one can straight up trade techs anymore. Which is awesome. Because in all the previous Civs, the AI's would just trade tech among each other like candy, leaving everyone that wasn't an AI player to be around the same tech level. Which was incredibly boring and dumb. But the AI changes in Civ V...my God. This game is going to be amazing, doubt about it. Easily the best Civ to date, if everything works out as they say it will.

Back