Civ IV issues

ScYcS

2[H]4U
Does anyone know if there are any issues with Civ IV and nVidia 6800GT and/or ASRock Dual SATAII boards out there?

A buddy of mine gave me a call that Civ4 constantly reboots his computer. I suspect it's unpatched. No other games seem to give him issues as well, so i assume it's not a hardware related failure.

Anyone know?

Civ IV had a number of video card (and other) issues when launched. I know it would BSOD my computer on certain versions of the Catalyst drivers.
Tell him to download the latest patch (1.61), they've made a lot of progress in terms of stability and performance since release, or even the 1.09 patch.

oki, will do.

Never bought Civ IV.....might actually check it out myself. Last game(s) i enjoyed from Sid were Colonization, Pirates! (old version) and Civ 1....

Oh, anyone know if there is a remake of "Master of Magic"??

I played some Civ4 with my 6800GT, and it was fine after patching. Unpatched, there was apparently a lot of serious memory leaks and crashing after playing for a while.

Before the patch, it would lock my system after about an hour of play. Not just the game, the system would be hardlocked, couldn't ctrl+alt+delete out of it or anything. With the latest patch though, all my problems are gone, and it's an incredibly fun game. If only the explanations where a bit better, it took me forever to figure out that the reason I couldn't attack people was because machine gunners weren't aloud to attack, and they were selected as part of my group.

Back