City of Heroes: Do you want Eyefinity support?

Saist

Limp Gawd
Given the reaction from HardOCP over Global Agenda's treatment of multi-monitor support, and BioShock 2's multi-monitor problems, maybe the forces of Tech can be used for Good rather than Retribution.

For those interested in the basic details, the thread on the City of Heroes forum is here: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=213075

The short version is this. City of Heroes is introducing a new graphics system next month based against OpenGL 3.x, a new graphics system they refer to as Ultra-Mode.

Currently Ultra-Mode, and the existing CoH graphics engine, does not support Multi-monitor setups and aspect ratios outside of 4:3, 16:9, and 16:10. According to one of the developers there is a large amount of underlying changes that would need to be made in order to properly support corrected field of views and aspect ratios. What those changes are... I didn't ask. It's enough work that there's no way to get multi-monitor support in by the time Ultra-Mode launches.

If a large enough amount of the player base already has, or is looking at picking up a multi-monitor setup, the possibility has been raised that the development staff could shuffle resources and push another features back to another issue.

Ergo, the development staff wants to know just how much of the existing player-base, as well as the player base looking at entering the game with the Going Rogue Expansion, or are looking to come back to the game with Going Rogue, have Eyefinity style multi-monitor setups.

So... if you want to see City of Heroes in Ultra-Mode with Eyefinity, 3D Vision Surround, or Matrox Triplehead, nows the time to let the development staff at Paragon Studios know what you want.

I loved City of Heroes to bits and played on and off for years, eventually getting 30 months of Loyalty. I'd so go back for a bit if they upgraded their graphics engine and supported Eyefinity. I'd love to rediscover Paragon City in Eyefinity. It was looking pretty old the last time I played.

Unfortunately you can't post on their forums without an active account. My message board name was Avalanche_EU, if you want to copy and paste this, to show my support for Eyefinity. It would be greatly appreciated. :)

Back