Citrix XenApp6 - CCA

Jay_2

2[H]4U
How well regarded is this qualification in the IT field? Does anyone here actually hold this cert?

I have seen the use of citrix decline in recent years, in favor of MS Remote Desktop.

That said, the hold out shops tend to be the diehards who won't switch away ( either because of the "that's how it's always done" mentality or because they are actually utilizing citrix features which MS can't match ). So it's a trade off.

If you have an opportunity, or are looking for particular advancement or employment, go for it. Otherwise, I'd spend the time pursuing MS, RH or Cisco certs.

I will be going for my CCNA after this but my curent workplace has a citrix farm but no one here has a Citrix cert.

I will be self funding this though, I have learned my lesson allowing work places to pay for your certs.

I will be going for my CCNA after this but my curent workplace has a citrix farm but no one here has a Citrix cert.

I will be self funding this though, I have learned my lesson allowing work places to pay for your certs.

Most of the places that use here around here that I've seen are law firms. Make no mistake it's still around and still a valid path to pursue. Most places are still on older versions though like PS4.5/XA5.

Pursue it because it interests you. I wouldn't necessarily pursue it just because no one at your place is certified in it. I've seen plenty of people that aren't certified in it that know it inside and out. Is your organization lacking qualified people to run the environment? By qualified I mean even if they're not certified can they still work on it with intelligence. CBT Nuggets just released a course in XA6 if you want to take a look.

I have run a few farms from Metaframe to XenApp5 but never actually got an qualifications. The strange thing is in the past 10 years on 1 job I have had didn't involve Citrix.

I passed this today and for a basic exam its not that easy! onto ICND1 now as the CCAA for XenApp6 hasn't be released yet. I wonder if I can get on the CCAA betas? That would be nice.

I think we'll find the use of this increase in conjunction with the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure movement.

Back