Citrix Metaframe

xynapse

Limp Gawd
Anyone know if you can use Citrix Metaframe on a Linux client? Might be a stupid question. I don't know.

I can't say if the ICA client will work, but you can always use the Linux version of Remote Desktop Connection instead. You just have to ask your administrator for permission to access the remote computer's desktop session rather than stand-alone applications.

I have the citrix client working on ubuntu, I've also used it in other distros. The only problem I have is getting a printer to work. I didn't spend a lot of time on it but I couldn't find much info either.

I have the citrix client working on ubuntu, I've also used it in other distros. The only problem I have is getting a printer to work. I didn't spend a lot of time on it but I couldn't find much info either.

In some applications, printers may act up on our network, but only in rare cases (tight restrictions, etc). In this situation, I recommend a software called Screwdrivers (client and server). It is a seperate printer communications software that links up whatever remote application you're working on to your local printer. Screwdriver works in both RDP and ICA protocols.

However, I'm not sure if there's a Linux version of Screwdrivers. Might want to sniff around for it.

I had no issues with the citrix client and printing (ubuntu), in fact I recall accidentally printing off reports that were un-necessarily large.

I've got hundreds of linux clients connecting to my Citrix farm. In fact, many of the thin clients today run some form of linux and just launch the ICA client from Citrix.

In some applications, printers may act up on our network, but only in rare cases (tight restrictions, etc). In this situation, I recommend a software called Screwdrivers (client and server). It is a seperate printer communications software that links up whatever remote application you're working on to your local printer. Screwdriver works in both RDP and ICA protocols.

However, I'm not sure if there's a Linux version of Screwdrivers. Might want to sniff around for it.

I'm not privy to the server farm I'm only allowed access to specific applications. The citrix client actually needs to push the proper driver up in this situation.

I just looked it up on the citrix site and there is a linux client so it seems. Im the citrix admin for my company but havent had to get into linux clients. PM for more info.

We use linux based thin clients that connect over ICA into Metaframe4. Printing seems to always be troublesome with Citrix. :p Our print servers run Formscape. I troubleshoot it, but I don't set it up to begin with.

Back