Cisco Wic 1-dsu-t1 not interfacing with 1-dsu-t1-v2

lilfiend

Supreme [H]ardness
I've got three cisco 1721's and a 2610, two of the 1721's are 32f's, the other one is a bit older but is still the same model.

The two cisco 1721 32f's have 1-dsu-t1-v2 wics in them, and the older 1721 has a 1-dsu-t1 wic in it. Now no matter how i have configured it the old t1 wic will not talk to the v2 wic. I've tried putting the old wic into a 1721 32f and it doesnt work at all!

Let me try to make it a bit clearer for you

What i have working:
router DCE (1721 32f with v2 wic) can talk to router DTE (1721 32f with v2 wic) no problem with this configuration.

Router DCE:
–service-module t1 clock source internal

–service-module t1 data-coding normal

–service-module t1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64

–service-module t1 framing esf

–service-module t1 linecode b8zs

–no service-module t1 fdl

–ip address 10.10.10.10 255.0.0.0

–no shutdown

Router DTE:

–service-module t1 clock source line

–service-module t1 data-coding normal

–service-module t1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64

–service-module t1 framing esf

–service-module t1 linecode b8zs

–no service-module t1 fdl

–ip address 10.10.10.11 255.0.0.0

–no shutdown

Router OLD (1721 with v2 wic) can talk to router DTE (1721 32f with v2 wic) no problem with same config

What doesnt work:

Any router with 1-dsu-t1 (old) wic to router DTE (1721 32f with v2 wic)

again same configuration as before, so whats going on that i cant get this to work? Is the old t1 wic not compatible with the new t1 wic?

If you have any questions or need pics to help explain the issue i can provide them

nothing?

A small update none the less, i bought another 1-dsu-t1 wic (not v2) and it should arrive later this week/early next week, hopefully that will shed some light on whether its just an incompatibility or if its me configuring it wrong.

They're compatible. Maybe on the v2's you have line wetting turned on? I don't know - maybe you just have a bad card.

played around with it a bit more, checked the jumpers for line wetting, they are set to off, i've just got no luck with these :( i feel like they should be compatible but with the hours i've put into it with no luck i'm just not convinced yet. The new v1 comes in soon, i'll know for sure that its me doing it wrong and not the wics then....or not ;)

Came home and there was the new wics! they got here much quicker then i expected.

So now i've set up the same configs on two v1's and they work just fine, so on my 1721's at least, they are incompatible with eachother

If there are extra settings that i need to set i would love to know but from where i'm sitting it looks like its a hardware problem.

Back