Cisco VPN Connection

6string

n00b
Windows 7 32 bit.
I have a user that launches Cisco VPN client and it looks like it is trying to connect, however she never receives the prompt for credentials. The vpn client screen pops up but no credential prompt, it just sits at "trying to connect". I have confirmed she is connected to the internet at the time. I know it's an issue with her machine because I can log in through my VPN client with her credentials and it's fine.
I have re-installed the VPN client and imported the correct profile again. Any idea's?

is your machine windows 7 32 bit and are you using the same cisco vpn client as she is??
if not, make sure you're installing same version of vpn client as you have as some firewalls, PIX for example, may not like the newest version. in other words, downgrade the version of the vpn client and try again

Windows 7 32 bit.
I have a user that launches Cisco VPN client and it looks like it is trying to connect, however she never receives the prompt for credentials. The vpn client screen pops up but no credential prompt, it just sits at "trying to connect". I have confirmed she is connected to the internet at the time. I know it's an issue with her machine because I can log in through my VPN client with her credentials and it's fine.
I have re-installed the VPN client and imported the correct profile again. Any idea's?

Which version of Cisco VPN client are you running and what type of device are you connecting to? A Pix/Asa/etc ?

systemx - My machine is a 64 bit. I think I loaded the 64 bit version by mistake on hers. I'm an idiot........ Thanks for the eye opener.

systemx - My machine is a 64 bit. I think I loaded the 64 bit version by mistake on hers. I'm an idiot........ Thanks for the eye opener.

i don't think you'd be able to install the 64bit version of the vpn client on a 32bit system, windows would not allow you to do that..
try to downgrade the vpn client version... another thing that just came to my mind is antivirus/antispywhare, what is she running?

She is running a horrible (my opinion only) antivirus called Vipre Enterprise. I have many VPN clients running in tandem with Vipre with no issue's. I'm pretty sure it let me install a 64 bit version on her 32 bit machine. I'll verify this for sure this coming week.

No it did not let you. How can a 32-bit machine load 64-bit code?

Does she have a crappy router that can't properly handle VPN? Several users in my office have had this issue and it was resolved by ditching the crappy routers tha the ISP gives you for free.

Your right. My bad. She has the correct VPN Client installed. I brought her laptop home with me and I connected without a problem. I suspect an IP conflict or crappy router.

Thanks for the help!

Back