Cisco Small Business Switches?

VMAN244

n00b
Hello,

I am working on upgrading my home network from fast ethernet to gigabit. I need a good unmanaged 8 port switch that is reliable and won't die on me in a few years. I have decided not to go with Netgear due to their power supply failures. I recently came across this switch. Can anyone give me any info on these? Are they any good? Or are there other brands that I should go with.

Thanks

I use the sg300p. They are pretty good switches although their vlan are ass backwards they do work well. Otherwise its procurves all the way.

2950s aren't Gigabit.

100 bit more than enough for lan gaming, this switch out did the old dlink which was giga. if your download speed is 14 megs a sec please explain to me what you need giga in a house for? he does ask for a I need a good unmanaged 8 port switch giga switch I still don't understand why though, memory and processor in a switch will help also, hell my wife noticed the change in a good way.

100 bit more than enough for lan gaming, this switch out did the old dlink which was giga. if your download speed is 14 megs a sec please explain to me what you need giga in a house for? he does ask for a I need a good unmanaged 8 port switch giga switch I still don't understand why though, memory and processor in a switch will help also, hell my wife noticed the change in a good way.

He specifically stated in the OP that he is upgrading to gigabit. Yes 10/100 is fine for most stuff, but its nice for large file transfers.

I picked up a dell 2724 on ebay for less than $100. The dell switcyes are good reliable switches for home use.

gigabit is also nice when there is lots of data being sent over the network on a consistent basis

Back