Cisco Picks Up Mark “Antennagate” Papermaster

John_Keck

Limp Gawd
The man responsible for the infamous “Antennagate” issues has recently jumped aboard the Cisco boat as Vice President of Cisco’s Silicon Switching Technology Group.

It's unclear whether Papermaster's departure was the result of a cultural incompatibility within Apple or due to the simple fact that the iPhone 4 suffered a gentle reaming in the public eye from the alleged antenna issues users reported when trying to hold the device and make calls.

Wait.. you can make a device crippling flaw then get hired on as a Vice President of a division with another company? BRB, researching how to put a bug in my company's system that steals thousands of dollars. GOOGLE HERE I COME :D

Wait.. you can make a device crippling flaw then get hired on as a Vice President of a division with another company? BRB, researching how to put a bug in my company's system that steals thousands of dollars. GOOGLE HERE I COME :D

You need to set higher goals. You should falsify expense reports to hide your mistress, lie to the board with a constantly changing story, and then get $28 million severance THEN go work for their major competitor.

Now see, if you or I fucked up on our job to that degree -- crippling one of the company's primary products -- we'd be out on the street. But if you're high enough up the chain? You get a VP position at a similar company, and probably a neat little severance package to boot.

Also: I enjoy the use of "alleged" to describe the antenna issues that are 100% known, verified FACT.

Now see, if you or I fucked up on our job to that degree -- crippling one of the company's primary products -- we'd be out on the street. But if you're high enough up the chain? You get a VP position at a similar company, and probably a neat little severance package to boot.

Also: I enjoy the use of "alleged" to describe the antenna issues that are 100% known, verified FACT.

To kick him out on the streets would be to admit that there is a problem...

It's apple, that won't happen. Ever.

As I recall, some engineer noted the flaw in the iPhone4 antennae and Steve jobs said not to change the design as it would ruin the aesthetics of the device.

Well, if he was just an Apple scapegoat, it means he might actually be competent, which would make him a good asset for Cisco.

Well, if he was just an Apple scapegoat, it means he might actually be competent, which would make him a good asset for Cisco.

THIS. People fail to realise that, when it comes to Apple, steve jobs has a very tight death grip on product development.

I hope something good comes out of this, considering they said they'll start paying dividends in 2011.

Back