Cisco Gurus: Time for another game of what the heck is wrong?

Steve_Oaks

Gawd
2514 with ios 12.2b. Problem nat is not working. I can use my wan ip and hit the 2514's web interface but none of my nat entries are working. This is very close to being sold on ebay. This would be week 8 of this problem.

Code:
*snip* *snip*

Only Thing that I see is that the static NAT statements refrence IP's in the DHCP pool, not in the excluded list...

What exactly are you trying to do that is not working. I looked at the config and from a quick glance it looked okay. However, for all I know you could be trying to do something that you may not have the commands entered for. A network map would help also. Again, for all I know you could have your NAT statements ass-backwards.

This may help you out.
http://tinyurl.com/yu4lw
Ignore the stuff about the dialer map and VPN/security and just apply what is appropriate to your config. Somethign that did catch my eye on your config is the bit about Kerberos. Why is that in there?

Originally posted by BobSutan
What exactly are you trying to do that is not working. I looked at the config and from a quick glance it looked okay. However, for all I know you could be trying to do something that you may not have the commands entered for. A network map would help also. Again, for all I know you could have your NAT statements ass-backwards.

This may help you out.
http://tinyurl.com/yu4lw
Ignore the stuff about the dialer map and VPN/security and just apply what is appropriate to your config. Somethign that did catch my eye on your config is the bit about Kerberos. Why is that in there?

The kerberos thing turns itself on, I have no clue myself. I have tried disabing it.

Problem, The routers does not forward requests to eth0(xxx.xxx.xxx.158, wan ip i go to the internet with) at port 80 onto the local 192.168.0.25(where the webserver is).

Going to check out the link and get a network map. THANKS!

Wait a sec. Are you trying to go from your internal network to the External IP you have port forwarded to an internal server? If so it aint gonna work. You'll need to test it from the outside of the NAT device, in this case the 2514. Its a feature like split-horizon, but for NAT.

If you want me to I can test from the outside. Just PM me the IP addy you're using.

Wait a sec. Are you trying to go from your internal network to the External IP you have port forwarded to an internal server? If so it aint gonna work. You'll need to test it from the outside of the NAT device, in this case the 2514. Its a feature like split-horizon, but for NAT.

If you want me to I can test from the outside. Just PM me the IP addy you're using.

http://www.stevenetworks.com/network/network.htm

I have tested from the linksys node. And also I have had the linksys node removed and just a desktop in the place and had the same results. Im pming the ip now.

I was able to surf the site you made just fine. I telnetted into it as well. Looks good. I suggest you change the Password though and set up usernames and priviledges if you're going to let others have access to it (like you did for me).

What program did you use to make the network map? I like that way it looks :)

And it must be early. I can't get my mind around why your E0 interface is on the 208 network (Class C), but using a /21 subnet mask.

What's the subnet mask of the Linksys's WAN interface? If they're able to talk then I don't see why you couldn't surf the web server behind the cisco from behind the Linksys router. I suspect it's probably a limitation of the Linksys not having a route to the 192.168.0.0 network the webserver is on (192.168.0.25). Might have something to do with not routing to an RFC 1918 network if its not behind it's LAN interface. I can gaurantee that if you replaced the Linksys with another Cisco, it'd work just fine. I guess this is just one of those things we have to deal with when using SOHO products as opposed to a "real" router ;)

I was able to surf the site you made just fine. I telnetted into it as well. Looks good. I suggest you change the Password though and set up usernames and priviledges if you're going to let others have access to it (like you did for me).

What program did you use to make the network map? I like that way it looks :)

And it must be early. I can't get my mind around why your E0 interface is on the 208 network (Class C), but using a /21 subnet mask.

What's the subnet mask of the Linksys's WAN interface? If they're able to talk then I don't see why you couldn't surf the web server behind the cisco from behind the Linksys router. I suspect it's probably a limitation of the Linksys not having a route to the 192.168.0.0 network the webserver is on (192.168.0.25). Might have something to do with not routing to an RFC 1918 network if its not behind it's LAN interface. I can gaurantee that if you replaced the Linksys with another Cisco, it'd work just fine. I guess this is just one of those things we have to deal with when using SOHO products as opposed to a "real" router ;)

SWEET!!!

Already planned. All the ips will be changing. Passwords, addressing scheme, topology...no more two nodes. This is just great. Perfect to wake up to on a saturday morning. I can finaly get my rack back to ship shape and network too.

MS Viseo 2003. I actually did not think it was that great(that was the first time I used it). I mean the diagram looks nice but I was not that impressed. At least I got it at an edu price. I probable just need to play with it more. I use to use a cheap program called Flow(for flow charts but also did net diagrams), it was not as graphical(pictures did not look as nice) but I like the diagrams it spit out better.

The linksys node is forwarding right(as in I can see it working now too). Thats good. I could have sworn I tested that again last night before I posted. The linksys is 208.186.xx.xx .

That is what the Cisco is for, a real router. It is replacing the linksys, but for temp purposes I needed the linksys. Im my own webhost . The linksys will be going in a storage box today!

THANK YOU VERT MUCH!

Back