cisco gigabit switch

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
what would the cheapest cisco gigabit switch be? i want to get a nice gigabit network running here in my house so i was wondering if i could add nice cisco switch to my ccna lab while i am at it?

cisco gigabit switches are pricey I think you're best bet is something like the 8 port catalyst 2960

Just get an older IOS based switch from eBay for learning, gigbit doesn't really add much in the way of CLI complexity.

Just get an older IOS based switch from eBay for learning, gigbit doesn't really add much in the way of CLI complexity.

i already have 2 2900's i want to setup a gigabit network here and was thinking about getting a cisco one so i could learn with it also

i already have 2 2900's i want to setup a gigabit network here and was thinking about getting a cisco one so i could learn with it also
The point I was making is that there are only a handful of commands that are gigabit specific. You can learn 99% of what you need to know with the cheapo switches. Buy a cheap Linksys or similar for the speed.

Back