Cisco Device Testing

BobSutan

[H]F Junkie
I'm looking for a comprehensive list of things to check for testing out newly installed 6500s and 3800s to make sure things are working properly.

I guess show commands are a good start as well as commands for testing failover between modules & chassis, as well as verifying VLANs are configured properly.

show tech <---- best command ever :p Will give you EVERYTHING.
show standby <--- for your hsrp if you're using it
show vtp status <--- explanatory
show VLAN <--- explanatory

theres just too many to list, also the show cpu history(think thats it) is very useful when troubleshooting odd bandwidth issues. That command will also be in the show tech-support command.

What modules are you testing for failover? Are you running SSO?

We're testing failover on the FWSM, CSM, and HSRP between the sup 720s.

SSO as in Single Sign On? I'm not sure what you're referring to with SSO.

SSO is Stateful Switch Over between the Supervisor modules. It syncronizes L2 and L3 information between the primary and backup supervisors in the same chassis so that in the event of the primary supervisor failing or being shutdown for maintenance, the backup supervisor will take over all forwarding and routing responsibilities immediately.

SSO is Stateful Switch Over between the Supervisor modules. It syncronizes L2 and L3 information between the primary and backup supervisors in the same chassis so that in the event of the primary supervisor failing or being shutdown for maintenance, the backup supervisor will take over all forwarding and routing responsibilities immediately.

Hmm... I never heard of this. I thought the cutover happend automatically. (I didn't set this one up) It's currently setup so that when you make config changes to one it is copied over automatically to the other.

Back